Quick Vaccination Question

Niques

James has only had his puppy vaccinations thus far. His next should be due one year after the last vax, right? Not when the dog himself turns one?

I'm sure I've seen the question asked before but can't find it so thought I'd check - the boy's booked into a kennel from Monday and I'd prefer not to find out that he should have already had his next shot whilst trying to check him in :laugh:

No not correct.

If the dog had 3 vaccinations when as a puppy I would be titer testing and if the readings are showing antibodies there is no need to have the dog vaccinated again for life.

I have a puppy here that when I received the vaccination certificate I saw it had 3 vaccinations as a puppy.

This dog will never be vaccinated again.

The age he is will depend on wether he had his last vacc at 12 or 16 weeks. But it is due 12 months after his last vaccination. After that you can go the trienniel, continue with yearly or titre test.

Edited by OSoSwift

my cat actually just ad his 1st booster done today, 12 months since his 2nd kitten needle. As he is a show cat, show regs are they need to be done every 2 years from hereonin - if he was not I would be doing it every 3 years after this one.

No not correct.

If the dog had 3 vaccinations when as a puppy I would be titer testing and if the readings are showing antibodies there is no need to have the dog vaccinated again for life.

Regardless of the path we eventually choose to go down re: vaccinations, at this point in time he needs to be done by the book as, as mentioned, he's being boarded next week :laugh: