Omg It Happened

kja

I have lost all the images on a card today.

I have tried one recovery program and it just says that there is nothing there.

I was reviewing images as I shot them so I know they were being recorded to the card while I was out.

No images show up on the camera now that we are home. To delete files on this camera you have to go into a menu and then a sub menu and then hit YES that you really want to so I have no idea how it could have happened accidentally.

And we went from the beach to the car to the house so no clue how or where this could have happened.

I'm very curious how this happened and a little disappointed that the images seem to be gone :laugh:

Update: looked at POTN for another program and found PhotoRec (I think I have this on my laptop, now that I think about it). I cannot say enough good things. Bada bing it found all of today's images plus lots of images from ages and ages ago that have been deleted and then new images saved repeatedly. And it's free!

Edited by kja

awesome so glad you retrieved them, have had that happen, and with the price of cards now, I never trusted that card again and ditched it - it is the worst feeling on the world though isn't it when you see nothing there, and even go back to the camera and then it won't show anything. I always format each card too when I have used it and put it back in the camera ready for the next shoot, and do not delete as I go when shooting, nor use the computer to delete images from the card, as I have been told those things can cause corruptions with the camera then reading the card next time it is used

Edited by Linda K

kja, thank you, from the bottom of my heart thank you!!

My daughter who is on exchange (coming home next Sat after 12months is Germany) had copied 1500 photos and 21 camera videos to a USB stick, the stick corrupted and I had it sent home and our IT guy had done everything to try to retrieve all her Jan 2010 - June 2010 photos including everything form a 16 week tour of Europe...you know, Austria,Italy, Paris, Amsterdam, you name it she went there......

I sent the IT guy your link and he ran it and nothing came up, he contacted the program IT engineers who gave him a few suggestions and all photos & videos have been recoverable.

Thank you so much, without your post my 18yo would have been without 6 months of photos to remind her of Europe and have memories to share with us when she gets home.

I am truely thankful XX

ETA...our IT guy had given up totally, we had been told they were lost so you can imagine how the skype call went to Germany earlier tonight. Megs says "kja rocks!!" in between squeals.....

Edited by GoldD

GoldD - awww, that just warms my heart! I am so happy that this happened to me now since the outcome for you and your daughter has been fantastic!

Enjoy her photos & videos!!