Hi :) Help With Bloodline Please

Sidro

Hi, my name is Erika :love:, i have a beautiful 5 months and few weeks old chocolate pitbull, i was just wondering if by looking at the photos anyone could tell me what bloodline he is, his last weigh up he was 18.5kgs at 22 weeks, he is just such a good boy, very obidient and wants to do anything i tell him :(, im just curious because i think he is larger than average pit bull terriers.

Here are some photos,

post-38183-1294233898_thumb.jpg

These are his parents

post-38183-1294233918_thumb.jpg

Do you realize Pitbulls are illegal in Australia?

Not that your boy looks pedigree; but if he is, I hope you register him on your state and councils special register and declare him for what he is.

And desex him.

Edited by Parkeyre

if you get caught with one the fine is a minimum of $1000. They also cannot be registered anywhere in Australia

From the look of the photos, Sidro may possibly be in Hawaii or some other country. Where pitbulls are legal and popular. :love:

if you get caught with one the fine is a minimum of $1000. They also cannot be registered anywhere in Australia

From the look of the photos, Sidro may possibly be in Hawaii or some other country. Where pitbulls are legal and popular. :love:

Going by this thread made ealier today, Sidro is in Australia.

Also, the dog in the picture under "These are his parents" looks like a Dogue De Bordeaux cross to me..

I was under the impression you could have one in NT or ACT? Or is this not the case?

You can own them here in Darwin,HOWEVER they MUST be desexed and reg with the council on a special register.. :love:

Oh and Welcome Sidro to DOL,your Pitbull does not look like a pedigree to me, but never or less he is beautiful

How can one tell bloodlines form just looking at a dog? Is it 'type'? Why wernt you given a pedigree when he was bought?

Edited to add, not having a go, just curious!!

Edited by Missymoo

Are Sidro and Duman, one and the same person?, both joined these forums on 04/1/2011, both asking about the same dog, judging by the photos. If that is indeed the case, why is it necessary to post under two different pseudonyms?.

I think they are asking about 2 different dogs - from what I gather, Sidro is the girlfriend with the Pitty and Duman is the boyfriend with the Amstaff type.

In the other thread Duman is asking about his Amstaff, and then the thread sort of started heading down the path of his girlfriend's Pitty, which is also the one that this thread is about.

Welcome to you both. Your dogs look lovely and well behaved. You obviously put a lot of time into them.

Edited by dyzney

I was under the impression you could have one in NT or ACT? Or is this not the case?

APBTs have no breed restrictions in the ACT. :love:

"itbulls are definitely not illegal in Australia. As PF has pointed out, they're quite legal in the ACT. And the NT I believe. I played with a beautiful, beautiful one a few weeks ago that got along beautifully with small children and wee dogs ...

Thanks for the info regarding restrictions. NT is the same as WA then. Good to see there are some non reactive pollies in ACT!

As for the bloodlines, my sons friends father (got it!) was breeding pitbulls but got out of it a while ago, way before BSL. Apparently he was having trouble finding suitable sires and dams, most were crosses. The most common he said was mastiff or bulldog crossings trying to be passed off as purebreds.

I wish I had taken more interest at the time as I am still quite confused over the pitbull breed.

Qld has many places as tropical as Hawaii including plants etc. This pic looks like Qld to me and I lived in Nth Qld for a very long time.