The Doggy Bone Cookbook By Michelle Bledsoe

thesmalldogsdoggyboneco.jpg

My in-laws gave me The Small Dogs Doggy Bone Cookbook By Michelle Bledsoe. It's very cute and comes with a mini-sized cookie cutter shaped like a doggy bone.

Has anyone tried any of the recipes and are any of them any good? Most of the items use flour - any ideas as to whether white flour or whole wheat flour is better for the dogs? Thanks in advance.

you can use corn flour if you dont want to use wheat, or wholemeal is better. I used to use cornflour (and by that I mean stone ground corn NOT the one that is a thickening agent for sauces) and simply let it sit for 15minutes so its not gritty

Don't feel goofy. I cook for the dogs, and my husband cooks for the rest of us! :love:

One thing about flour. If your dogs are prone to itchy skins, don't use wheat flour (either white or wholemeal). Its a common allergen. Substitute the ground corn flour (the good stuff mentioned in other post) and you may need to add a teensy bit more liquid.

If itchies are not a problem, go for the wholemeal - its not as refined as white flour. Much better for their digestive systems, and a better "output" if you get my meaning.

No critical audience is a good thing! Guarenteed acceptance. Enjoy your baking.