Husky Training Video

I saw this posted on another site, and it got mixed comments. Some sled dog trainers feel that it is a perfectly normal practice and is of benefit to the dogs, but some people disagreed. Has anyone else seen this method used before?

I don't know anything about sled dog training but honestly it looks like bedlam to me :laugh:

I saw this posted on another site, and it got mixed comments. Some sled dog trainers feel that it is a perfectly normal practice and is of benefit to the dogs, but some people disagreed. Has anyone else seen this method used before?

they can let the dogs pull themselves in the same direction as a group when they feel like it. They also make rat wheel type contraptions so the dogs can hop on and run off the energy. I dont see the problem with it, the amount of drive and energy those animals have is incredible

yup when there is no snow or the weather is too warm they have to get that all out somehow or they will go manic in a very short time.

baby puppies starting on the wheel

adult dogs running on the wheel

Edited by Nekhbet

yup when there is no snow or the weather is too warm they have to get that all out somehow or they will go manic in a very short time.

baby puppies starting on the wheel

adult dogs running on the wheel

Love those videos!!! Much cheaper than a treadmill, too! :love: