Chiropractor ?

sheree_e4

ok just a little info to start with .....

A pup I sold 2 weeks ago now 10 weeks old is yelping when being picked up , when he gets up from his bed ..... The pup went to a vet on saturday,vet gave pup a anti inflamatory injection , pup was lightly checked over but owner is not happy with the outcome and rang me today for advice.

I heard him scream when he got up from his bed, so I asked her to run 2 fingers down each side of his spine, she got to between his tail and hips and he screamed, I then got her to strech his legs up and down etc and he was fine , just the one particular part on him.

I have suggested to get some pain relief off the vet and maybe trying to find a chiropractor in her area....

which is why Im here lol

Anyone have any other ideas on what could be wrong ??

and can anyone reccomend a chiropractor in Campbell town or close by?

Thanx in advance :D

ok just a little info to start with .....

A pup I sold 2 weeks ago now 10 weeks old is yelping when being picked up , when he gets up from his bed ..... The pup went to a vet on saturday,vet gave pup a anti inflamatory injection , pup was lightly checked over but owner is not happy with the outcome and rang me today for advice.

I heard him scream when he got up from his bed, so I asked her to run 2 fingers down each side of his spine, she got to between his tail and hips and he screamed, I then got her to strech his legs up and down etc and he was fine , just the one particular part on him.

I have suggested to get some pain relief off the vet and maybe trying to find a chiropractor in her area....which is why Im here lol

Anyone have any other ideas on what could be wrong ??

and can anyone reccomend a chiropractor in Campbell town or close by?

Thanx in advance :)

Bob May - Chipping Norton. If he still has the same number it is 9602 0747... but then, that was the number I knew more than 20 years ago when I worked there so it might be wise to check. :D

Gary and Neil Barnsley at Greendale,150 Wolestenholme rd,off Greendale rd,4774 8491 they have a website www.animalholisticstherapies.webs.com Me and my family have been taking our dogs there for years.

Many of my breeder friends and I have been happily using Gary and now Neil as well, for chiro work on our dogs for well over 20 years. Can highly recommend them.

I use Peter, 0411 353 130, he's a muscle manipulator rather than a cruncher.

We've used him for our dogs and rescues and couldn't be happier. Have used other Sydney based Chiro's without success.

Edited by sas

Why don't they take him back to vet and tell them it hasn't improved despite the pain killer and would like it investigated further such as an x-ray.

No good getting someone pushing and pulling blind if there is something spinal that may be futher damaged by pulling or pressing something the wrong way.

I have used a fella called Drew Mottram that is in Sydney but does travel a lot as he mainly does horses. I have had him fix me over the years as well as horse and my dog that had a spinal injury and couldn't hardly walk. 2 treatments later she was much improved and didn't need her MRI and is now basically 99%. She had a vertebrae shifted upwards at one end during rough play we think. X-Ray showed how it was placed and made it easier to fix.

Thanx everyone :thumbsup:

Pup was taken back to the vet today and they found he is sore but more in his neck ?? anyway he is now on pain killers for the next 5 days and then he needs a recheck if he is still sore he will have x-rays then to the chiorpractor depending on what is found.

I would still make an appointment with Peter or Garry. I had a young pup totally collapse and couldn't move either front or rear legs. Rushed her to the emergency hospital who suggested she may have meningitis and they would need to do a dye test. Since pup had been well only minutes before, I elected to take her home and got into see Peter the next day. She had a badly pinched nerve in her neck (one of the oldies must have jumped her). After two sessions with Peter, she was back to normal.

Why don't they take him back to vet and tell them it hasn't improved despite the pain killer and would like it investigated further such as an x-ray.

No good getting someone pushing and pulling blind if there is something spinal that may be futher damaged by pulling or pressing something the wrong way.

Dasha,

Times have changed and chiropractry is not "blind" as you describe.

Our chiropracter has x-ray equipment on site. Others send out for x-rays first.

Souff