January 2011 - Photo A Day!

Ashanali

Finally, finally after pretty much years of trying, I got a semi OK panning shot, except I've blown the highlights grrrr! My Penny girl who is almost 12 years old, how good does she look, I'm so proud of her. :rofl:

5326334166_07312416e9_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nik - love the idea on this one and the ripples ROCK but there's something odd about the foot & leg that doesn't work for me.

kiri - highlights, schmylights. who cares?! nice shot!

Edited by kja

Nik - love the idea on this one and the ripples ROCK but there's something odd about the foot & leg that doesn't work for me.

Yeah I realised when I got home but too late! It's actually my left knee that's ruining the shot. :rofl:

My photo is nothing real spectacular today...it's not even in focus properly. It's mainly the subject that excited me. I have tadpoles in my pond and today whilst fixing up my mistake of forgetting the hose was on filling the pond up, I saw the first frog in my pond. It was the only decent shot I got of the little thing before it hopped off. To put his size into perspective that is the power cord running to the pump he is clinging to.

Day Five

Tiny

167768_10150348045470707_527300706_16476173_1435637_n.jpg

I'm home from Melbourne, so here are my images from the 2nd to the 5th.

2/1/2011

5325910415_7588fcc9a8.jpg

On the road on the way from Adelaide to Melbourne

3/1/2011

5326517130_437a6c8125.jpg

One of Bear's favourite spots to sit - in the flower pot

4/1/2011

5326516904_22b1ed9704.jpg

We visited the Melbourne Aquarium and here are some jellyfish. Not so happy with this one, but I forgot to bring my good camera so it was taken on the iPhone.

5/1/2011

5325910711_5dbb41d400.jpg

Akira is very tired after her trip away.

Edited by whiskedaway

Day 5 - 05/01/2011

Gorgeous kitty shot ;)

hehehe, love todays photos :)

Beautiful, very arty :mad

Finally, finally after pretty much years of trying, I got a semi OK panning shot, except I've blown the highlights grrrr! My Penny girl who is almost 12 years old, how good does she look, I'm so proud of her. :o

Yay, congratulations :rofl:

My photo is nothing real spectacular today...it's not even in focus properly. It's mainly the subject that excited me. I have tadpoles in my pond and today whilst fixing up my mistake of forgetting the hose was on filling the pond up, I saw the first frog in my pond. It was the only decent shot I got of the little thing before it hopped off. To put his size into perspective that is the power cord running to the pump he is clinging to.

Day Five

Tiny

Cute little froglet, it's so amazing to watch them transform and finally emerge as little perfect frogs :D

It's been soooo humid today that I just went into the garden and got a quick shot before back indoors with the aircon :(

Day5

Afternoon snack time for the bees :mad

5325963455_7997fa01b8_o.jpg

Loving the photos. Epecially love the macro shots. Makes me want to go out and get a macro lens :rofl:

Today I have Jazz playing tug with me. Trickier shot to take than I realised. Keeping the SLR steady and prevent the lens crepping with 1 arm and trying to get the dog in focus were hard. I started off at a f2.8 but ended up at 4.5. There was too much unpredictable movement for me to keep her in focus at 2.8 and 4. We have lots of blurry shots or shots with her ears in focus or the tug rope etc. I am fairly happy with this effort and wish I had used it for my 52 weeks of Jazz. Might have to reattempt it another time for that project and see if I can improve on it :o

5325985649_642e19e1d3.jpg

great shots from everyone again, I'm particularly enjoying the kitty cat pics :(

4th Chester's been getting in the way in a lot of my shots of Texas ... I reckon he misses the limelight ... more likely the treats that go with it ;)

5326602738_e0657bb21d_z.jpg

and today, 5th, Texas was particularly uninterested today *edit decided I didn't like the other pic, so changed it* and looking a little sad :o

5326225139_1130bd1c21_z.jpg

:rofl:

Edited by Clicking Mad