Pet Friendly Tourist Park

Kaffy Magee

HI. We are making the big trip to QLD next weekend and need some pet friendly places to stay on the way. First night we will stop some where in line with Sydney, but dont actually want to go into Sydney or its immediate outskirts. Smaller country towns are fine as long as we can have the dogs and cats. Second night we will probably drive another 8-9 hours and stop near the border somewhere. We dont want anything flash but an enclosed exercise area for the dogs would be a bonus but not essential.Anywhere you think might be ok, please let me know. Where we stop and how far we go will all depend on the location of pet accommodation. Cheers,KM :laugh:

I don't really have any suggestions, but we drove from Canberra to Brisbane the week before Christmas and are returning next week. Do you just have the car or a caravan? Lots of places allow dogs on their sites but not in their cabins.

For next week, all the places we have contacted have been booked out so I'd get onto it fast! Have a look on stayz.com.au and you can check their properties and their availability. For holiday/caravan parks I have just googled "pet friendly" and "dogs allowed" and you get a fair few results.

We stayed in cabins in Telegraph Point near Port Macquarie which was nice but I think they might be full up!

Hello there.

Not near the border, but 1/2 way between Newcastle and Brisbane is Safety Beach, near Woolgoolga.

Exceptional place.

1 and 2 bedroom cabins.

Dog friendly surrounds and near same(dog friendly) beachwise and lagoon.

Too nice to only stay 1 night!

Can be pricey in peak times (and booked)

Check out "safety beach ocean bungalows" on google.

Happy Holiday! :D

Which way are you coming to Qld? If you are going along the Newell - Gilgandra Cooee Motel is excellent.It i set on acreage and you can exrecise your dogs freely. Meals are available -room service.

Along the New England ..Tamworth has a couple of places that will take dogs.

Coming along the Coast at this time of the year it will not be easy to find a place - Grafton has a number of Motels that will take dogs...Mullumbimby is another place.

It really depends on whether you want dogs staying in your own accommodation or the facility's accommodation.

But I highly recommend:

Country Style

They have cabins and the times I stayed there, dogs were welcome inside the cabins...and everywhere else in the park. Friendly service although a bit pricey but the cabins are GREAT!!!

There's also a caravan park in Nambucca Heads which allowed dogs inside when I stayed a few years back now.

Pelican Park

They may be fully booked given the time of year. Give them a call and see what they say. The Pelican Park is nothing flash but everything was clean and the service was good.