Confirmation Of Entry

Edenishy

G'day fellow exhibitors (and other dog lovers)

We have only been in the one show to date, and a week or so after sending the entry off for it, they sent a receipt back, in the self addressed envelope that I provided with the entry and payment.

This confirmed for me that the entry was received and we were good to go.

Ive entered my second show and the entry was sent off a few weeks ago but I havent heard anything back. (was sent in the last few days before the cut off date by express post)

Is it common practice that your entry is confirmed, perhaps via the above method? (or by some other way?)

As the next show far away, I would hate to arrive only to find out we were not entered because of some reason.....eg, entry lost in the mail or something?

I know I can call the show secretary but thought I would ask on here first before jumping the gun and making the call to make sure the entry was received ok.

Thanks in advance for any advise etc offered!!

Eden.

If you included a SAE and didn't get it back then I would phone the secretary to check. Did you send a personal cheque - if so check your bank statement first.

Sometimes I don't get the SAE back for 10-14 days after I sent the entries, but if longer than this I'd phone the secretary. Certainly don't drive a long way without confirmation :confused:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm every state/club is different IMHO. :confused:

Mainly in Vic we get our numbers back in the SAE about 1 week out.

If they do not accept your late entry you get the cheque and slips back pronto in your SAE.

Very few clubs give receipts.

Occasionally cheque not banked until after show so that's not totally reliable.

Ahhh of course, didnt even think to see if cheque had been cashed in and it appears it hasnt.

I think I will give them a call tomorrow.

I know its a busy time of the year but yeah, we gotta prepare for the show in a couple of weeks and I wanna get sorted.

thanks again for your help.

Yeah going to give the sec a call a little later today

Closing was about the 12th of Dec from memory...the show itself is just over 2 weeks away.

The last two shows I went to (only one of which I was entered) numbers etc were collected on the day by everyone...I thought that was standard.

As you can see im still learning lots.

But had wondered in general too how one knew that an entry was received and confirmed.

Thanks again for your help all.

We don't usually get our numbers before the show in Brisbane, you just pick them up on the day. Sometimes I get my SAE back, sometimes not. I normally check if the cheque has been cashed but if I haven't received anything back and it is a show I have to travel to I normally call or email to confirm they have received it.

If the schedule asks for a SAE, you usually get the numbers, receipt and other necessary entry passes a week before the show. Sometimes if they ask for an SAE and you only get a receipt back, it means the numbers will be available on the day from the secretary's desk.

Usually I find that shows at Durack never require an SAE. Any shows away from Durack usually require an SAE and they usually send you the numbers before the show.

Some of the bigger shows away from Durack (like Caboolture Kennel Club, Sunshine Coast Kennel Club) don't usually require an SAE. You usually just pick the numbers up at the grounds.

Sometimes I find cashing of the cheques not the best indicator because I've been to a show, showed and then the next week the cheque has been cashed. This happened when we went to Melbourne this year!

If the schedule asks for a SAE, you usually get the numbers, receipt and other necessary entry passes a week before the show. Sometimes if they ask for an SAE and you only get a receipt back, it means the numbers will be available on the day from the secretary's desk.

Usually I find that shows at Durack never require an SAE. Any shows away from Durack usually require an SAE and they usually send you the numbers before the show.

Some of the bigger shows away from Durack (like Caboolture Kennel Club, Sunshine Coast Kennel Club) don't usually require an SAE. You usually just pick the numbers up at the grounds.

Sometimes I find cashing of the cheques not the best indicator because I've been to a show, showed and then the next week the cheque has been cashed. This happened when we went to Melbourne this year!

Thanks for that Erin...

I wondered because I saw you pick yours up at the Caboolture show and then we picked them up at the Durack one too.

\The last show didnt request a SAE and neither did this upcoming Burnett one but I included them all the same as was unsure if it was just standard or not.

Im sure with the Combined one they just sent it back with receipt because it was there to use. I think I will always just include one...requested or not.

I called the show secretary yesterday and was confirmed that my entry was received and that numbers were going to be sent out this week so im glad I included a SAE even though the schedule didnt say anything about one from memory.

I was just concerned this time round as I didnt get entry in until last days before closing.....and would hate to travel the few hours to the show only to find out my entry wasnt received and we were not entered or something. I will make more of an effort to get them in earlier in the future but as you know, December was a full on month with the Brain Op and we didnt know what was going to happen.

You going to the Burnett one by any chance? Im really looking forward to it...we are camping the night too as its a 2 day show.

Been busy preparing...buying a tent (inner tent for Gazebo) and some other basic camping supplies.

I didnt even think to see if the cheque had been cashed and as it turned out, it hasnt yet so wont rely on that.

Thanks again all for your help and advise!!

Thanks for that Erin...

I wondered because I saw you pick yours up at the Caboolture show and then we picked them up at the Durack one too.

\The last show didnt request a SAE and neither did this upcoming Burnett one but I included them all the same as was unsure if it was just standard or not.

Im sure with the Combined one they just sent it back with receipt because it was there to use. I think I will always just include one...requested or not.

I called the show secretary yesterday and was confirmed that my entry was received and that numbers were going to be sent out this week so im glad I included a SAE even though the schedule didnt say anything about one from memory.

I was just concerned this time round as I didnt get entry in until last days before closing.....and would hate to travel the few hours to the show only to find out my entry wasnt received and we were not entered or something. I will make more of an effort to get them in earlier in the future but as you know, December was a full on month with the Brain Op and we didnt know what was going to happen.

You going to the Burnett one by any chance? Im really looking forward to it...we are camping the night too as its a 2 day show.

Been busy preparing...buying a tent (inner tent for Gazebo) and some other basic camping supplies.

I didnt even think to see if the cheque had been cashed and as it turned out, it hasnt yet so wont rely on that.

Thanks again all for your help and advise!!

I always included SAE

We usually get our numbers back 1 week before the show.

If you missed the cut off date your entry is returned to you at the same time so you know if you made it or not well before you head off to the show.

In Tas you must include a stamped self addressed envelope.