If Only Everyone Met Zues

Guest muttrus

Guest muttrus

I have always loved the pitbull breed and now with the power of internet some things are worth reading.

We bought our first ever dog from our local pound they sold as a pitbull x 6 months old. Zues was a dog who would have taken a bullet for us.He lived with us and 1 child but by the end there were 3 kids all up .Our son was one when we bought him and not once had we ever felt he was a danger ----but we raised our kids to know all dogs have teeth no matter what breed so we practised safety with any dog ---and still do.

zues was in the days before microchipping so we went with what we were told ----throughout zues's life two people tried to steal him,his best friend was a duck and when out one day a person told me he needed to be thinner in the hips when I asked why they stated that was his breed so we asked what breed is that and they told us they were part of the ''pitbull assoc''

Of course the breed wasn't as well talked about as now so no-one cared when zues was near ---------Well when it came to microchipping we were told because he was a dangerous breed x they asked as if we wanted him chipped as his other breed -------Thankgod we did because of how the law changed.

But I now can say I wished all those people who thought pitbulls were vicous or evil wether a x breed or not I wish you could have met our zues.

the photo is of zues when we first bought him. then some years later of course the photos we have of him were before digital cameras .I don't know for sure what breed he was and many have told us but he was 16 when he died and I still miss him ------sometimes it just seems cruel to be a dog owner ---they come into our lives and we know they can't stay forever but we always think they will then when they leave --------well its getting hard to type while crying--------

post-33936-1293676022_thumb.jpg

post-33936-1293676341.jpg

post-33936-1293676367.jpg

post-33936-1293676650.jpg