Endurance Test 2011 Thread

The same question came up last year :laugh: It is an impressive test!

1.5 weeks to go until our ET... Provided the little miss doesn't come into season! It'd be pretty typical of Soaks if she did! Fingers crossed we get there!

Today we did 10.5km with a 15 minute break at 6km... I couldn't be happier!

Best of luck TerraNik. Hope the weather at the Grafton test is kind to you.

M

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same question came up last year :laugh: It is an impressive test!

And to think all breeds can train and compete, too! But there is so much you could fail on that I don't think I could hack it failing!

Even though it's a big test, I guess the question of can you just do the ET part separately still sits in my mind... I am guessing, no? :o And are there any titles for the dog if they complete the VIMS or Montemelia?

I just did a google search to see if I could find the answer about a possible ANKC title and it led me back to this thread :laugh: And to my post of me asking the exact same thing only a few months ago.... what a dodo I am :o But it never received an answer (besides OSS saying she doesn't know) so I am taking that as noone actually knows!! :)

Sounds really complicated. What does the dog/handler earn after successful completion?

I am assuming it is not for an ANKC recognised title?

M

Just what I was about to ask! Wondering if you earn a different ANKC recognised title other than "ET" :laugh:

Hey guys, I've been reading this thread on and off since it started and was thinking about doing the test with Quinn next year.

When reading the rules, when I read...

(1) The Endurance Test shall be open to all dogs eligible for inclusion in the Register of the Control

in which the event is conducted.

Does that mean only ANKC registered dogs can participate?

Any dog registered with their state control, so dogs on the mains, limited, associate or Sporting register are elidgable to compete. If they are not registered on any of those then no they can't.

And sorry RS I still don't know :D

Just what I was about to ask! Wondering if you earn a different ANKC recognised title other than "ET" :laugh:

Hi RS,

the short answer is "No".

The ANKC recognises only the ET title for the Endurance Tests run under their rules and conditions by affiliate member clubs.

M

has anybody got pic's from the Hungarian Vizsla ET??? :)

would like to get a copy of the group photo that was taken

a big thank you in advance to whoever may have a copy

Hi murve,

take a look on their website www.hvcv.com

They may have put some pictures up there.

M

Any dog registered with their state control, so dogs on the mains, limited, associate or Sporting register are elidgable to compete. If they are not registered on any of those then no they can't.

SOrryfor my ignorance but I havn't had much to do with ANKC registration before. What are the associate and sporting registers? Do all these require the dogs parents to be registered in some way?

Just over a week for us too TN. Luckily with a boy, I don't have to worry about a season. :D Fingers crossed Soaks does the right thing by you.

It's hard to get the training in on these short winter days, but I did get 8km done the evening before last, and the boy went really nicely. It was freezing cold. Did the first 2 km with both dogs, then put the 9 year old agility girl back in the car, much to her disgust :laugh: - but I was wanting to go a bit faster than she is fully comfortable with.

I don't work Fridays, so should be able to get a good long ride tomorrow, and maybe another on Saturday - I'd rather have a day's gap, but Kirra has an agility trial on Sunday. Have to squeeze in some tracking training too, and a bit of obedience - work so gets in the way of training dogs :rofl: .

SOrryfor my ignorance but I havn't had much to do with ANKC registration before. What are the associate and sporting registers? Do all these require the dogs parents to be registered in some way?

No apology needed. The ANKC is the national controlling body of all state canine associations (DogsVic, DogsNSW, DogsQLD etc.)

Associate registers are for "non purebred dogs". The parents of theses dogs do not need to be registered. You can register just your dog on the associate register which will allow you to compete in all working disciplines and gain titles for them. You are excluded from conformation dog shows, and from breeding.

It is easy to do, and the first step would be to contact the state controlling body in your home state. They will provide the necessary forms and information you need.

Good luck,

M

And for the Sporting Register, the dog needs to be registered on the register of one of a number of ANKC recognised Working Dog Associations. For example, there's a list on the second page of the Sporting Register application form for Dogs NSW click here.

Looks as though it's the same for Queenland - have a look in the rules on here - page 12

has anybody got pic's from the Hungarian Vizsla ET??? :)

would like to get a copy of the group photo that was taken

a big thank you in advance to whoever may have a copy

Hi murve,

take a look on their website www.hvcv.com

They may have put some pictures up there.

M

Hi Abbiestar I have looked on the HVCV site, no pic's :( I was thinking of ringing the Sec & asking her

No apology needed. The ANKC is the national controlling body of all state canine associations (DogsVic, DogsNSW, DogsQLD etc.)

Associate registers are for "non purebred dogs". The parents of theses dogs do not need to be registered. You can register just your dog on the associate register which will allow you to compete in all working disciplines and gain titles for them. You are excluded from conformation dog shows, and from breeding.

It is easy to do, and the first step would be to contact the state controlling body in your home state. They will provide the necessary forms and information you need.

Good luck,

M

Sorry just wanted to extend on the bolded point. Associate registers are also for non pedigree purebred dogs :) My Millie is 100% Lab, but is not papered, so I have her on the Associate Register.

Good luck,

M

Awesome. :)

I'd really like to do it with Quinn next year, she loves going beside the bike (we do the odd 1-2km on grass for training till she's older) and the general fitness would be awesome.

And we have like a whole year to get her over her extreme aversion to being touched by strangers. Can't see the vet being cool with us going through if I have to physically hold her to stop her squirming and leaping away from them.