Consultation Fees For 2 Dogs

kt750

Watch out Stormie, Raz is coming for your LCD as a refund. :rofl:

Narrr I think I'll just bring all of my dogs in, shove them in the room with SuperVet (poor guy) and Stormie can make me coffees, then I'll just hand over the Deeds to my house when SuperVet asks me to pay the bill. :rofl:

To the OP - just ring up your vet clinic and ask.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out Stormie, Raz is coming for your LCD as a refund. :laugh:

Narrr I think I'll just bring all of my dogs in, shove them in the room with SuperVet (poor guy) and Stormie can make me coffees, then I'll just hand over the Deeds to my house when SuperVet asks me to pay the bill. :eek:

To the OP - just ring up your vet clinic and ask.

I tried to leave the GingerBeast stuffed behind the fridge last time but alas he was spotted and popped back in his cage!

My Vet just changes the one consultation fee :rofl:

That's nice but how many dogs - two or more? Are you taking up more time than one consult eg are you just having them vax'd? If I take 25 dogs into my vet at the one time, should I ask for 1 consult fee just because I'm one person and we're all in the room together? What if I take up the entire block for say 8am-11am with 25 dogs and different maladies? He would be missing out on every waiting patients' consult fee. Not really fair in that regard. The consult is for the patient, not the owner but my vet no doubt knows about this thread by now so I'm going to tease him about it tomorrow :eek: .

eta Dan - I'm going to mention your ginger beast :laugh:

Edited by raz

My Vet just changes the one consultation fee :rofl:

That's nice but how many dogs - two or more? Are you taking up more time than one consult eg are you just having them vax'd? If I take 25 dogs into my vet at the one time, should I ask for 1 consult fee just because I'm one person and we're all in the room together? What if I take up the entire block for say 8am-11am with 25 dogs and different maladies? He would be missing out on every waiting patients' consult fee. Not really fair in that regard. The consult is for the patient, not the owner but my vet no doubt knows about this thread by now so I'm going to tease him about it tomorrow :eek: .

eta Dan - I'm going to mention your ginger beast :laugh:

Love your work, let us know how you get on. :rofl:

Love your work, let us know how you get on. :eek:

A few of us on here all use the same vet. I dont ask what he charges - he can have my first born child if he wants. Great vet, great people skills and his Practice Manager is AWESOME (that's Stormie on here - she's great)

Love your work, let us know how you get on. :eek:

A few of us on here all use the same vet. I dont ask what he charges - he can have my first born child if he wants. Great vet, great people skills and his Practice Manager is AWESOME (that's Stormie on here - she's great)

Oh ummm he's married, Raz, but I'll let him know of your desires

Oh ummm he's married, Raz, but I'll let him know of your desires

:eek::laugh::rofl: I didnt mean his and my child, you dork! I have a scathingly brilliant idea. When I come in tomorrow I'm going to abduct Sparky. Not sure how I'll lift the hairy mammoth into my car yet, but I'll find a way. Then I'll threaten to shove him in the pool unless SuperVet gives me a discount.

No hang on I have a better idea. If he doesnt give me a discount I'll leave Pancake in his house.

Edited by raz

2 dogs, 2 consultation fees.

The reception or vet nurse may say something to you like, "well, we will put Spot in for the 12pm appointment and Rex in for the 12.10 appointment", so this way it will be clear to you that you have 2 actual consultants, even if you go in the room once with both dogs at the same time.

It is only fair. :laugh:

This is what my vet does and I agree, it is only fair.

OT:

I took my dog and cat in recently and they shared the consult room (and oddly my dog was more settled than usual)

The last time I had to take one of my scaredy cats to the vet, I also took one of the dogs along for something else as well. I was amazed at how the scaredy cat settled to be examined - but she was continually looking at my dog who was laid out on the floor. I think he sent her some calm vibes. I'll take them together next time the cat needs to go :eek:

2 dogs, 2 consultation fees.

The reception or vet nurse may say something to you like, "well, we will put Spot in for the 12pm appointment and Rex in for the 12.10 appointment", so this way it will be clear to you that you have 2 actual consultants, even if you go in the room once with both dogs at the same time.

It is only fair. :laugh:

This is what my vet does and I agree, it is only fair.

OT:

I took my dog and cat in recently and they shared the consult room (and oddly my dog was more settled than usual)

The last time I had to take one of my scaredy cats to the vet, I also took one of the dogs along for something else as well. I was amazed at how the scaredy cat settled to be examined - but she was continually looking at my dog who was laid out on the floor. I think he sent her some calm vibes. I'll take them together next time the cat needs to go :eek:

Just watch out they don't try and charge you a double for having 2 pets in there :rofl:

I am a long standing and regular customer, I am the major reason my vet gets to Aspen each year, and I expect to pay for each dog, given how often I'm there and how much time I usually take up! My vets are terrific and charge very fairly IMO - they have pretty much rebuilt my old boy! So I just pay the bill - which over the last 12 months was probably somewhere between 8 and 10k :eek: . And I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

For me the rule of thumb is have as many dogs as you can afford the vet bills for - and three plus the cat is definitely my limit - and if you can't afford or are quibbling over a consult fee then you probably can't afford the dog.

I am a long standing and regular customer, I am the major reason my vet gets to Aspen each year, and I expect to pay for each dog, given how often I'm there and how much time I usually take up! My vets are terrific and charge very fairly IMO - they have pretty much rebuilt my old boy! So I just pay the bill - which over the last 12 months was probably somewhere between 8 and 10k :eek: . And I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

For me the rule of thumb is have as many dogs as you can afford the vet bills for - and three plus the cat is definitely my limit - and if you can't afford or are quibbling over a consult fee then you probably can't afford the dog.

What a great attitude. May you and your old boy have many more happy and healthy years together and continue with your great relationship with your vet clinic.

Sure some will, but most guys will charge x amount for the first hour, and then for arguments sake 75% of the initial minimum charge for subsequent hours.

So for example, he might charge $120 minimum charge, and then $90 per hour after the first hour.

Well this is medical, not trade.

If you go to the Doc's can you get your partner seen to as well for one consult fee or reduced? I THINK NOT!! :laugh:

Ahh my doctor does exactly this... It's one of the many reasons we drive over an hour to see him :rofl:

Our vet charges a long consult fee depending on what's to be done, eg vacs, but OH has been using them for so long that we get a discount on top of that anyway so it ends up being the price of one consult :eek: I love our vets, I'll miss them when we move. ETA - There would be no quibbling if they charged two consults, we fully expect to. It's a nice surprise on the odd occasion we don't have to.

Edited by Bundy's Mum

I love our vets, I'll miss them when we move.

I love our vets as well and just like another client who is a member on here, I would drive right across Sydney if I moved. I pay whatever he asks - mostly because Stormie said she's a Kick Boxing Champion and would kick my arse if I didnt pay up so I just quake in fright when it comes to bill time, hand over my American Express card and tell her to go for her life :eek:

I love our vets as well and just like another client who is a member on here, I would drive right across Sydney if I moved. I pay whatever he asks - mostly because Stormie said she's a Kick Boxing Champion and would kick my arse if I didnt pay up so I just quake in fright when it comes to bill time, hand over my American Express card and tell her to go for her life :eek:

I wish i could justify the 2hrs driving... although by the time we move my parents/aunt and uncle will have found a decent vet in the area we're going to, so we should be right...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D ;) :D Love it!

Yep I just hand over the Amex and sign away.... and as long as it doesn't max out I don't even look at it :rofl::eek::laugh::rofl:

I love my vets too - and that why I won't move!! (Love my hairdresser and pooch groomer around the corner too... so too many reasons to stay put!)

I love our vets as well and just like another client who is a member on here, I would drive right across Sydney if I moved. I pay whatever he asks - mostly because Stormie said she's a Kick Boxing Champion and would kick my arse if I didnt pay up so I just quake in fright when it comes to bill time, hand over my American Express card and tell her to go for her life :D

I barely pay much attention to what the bill is - last time I was there I even gave the vet nurse the pin number to my credit card!

As Raz said - I drive around 45 mins to get to my vet and pay a squillion dollars in tolls (Harbour Bridge, Lane Cove Tunnel and M2 and then back again!) when I have the Sydney Uni vet right around the corner from me.

Thanks Raz - yep my animals are very important to me and I don't begrudge them healthcare - ever - and that means paying the vet fair and reasonable money for being at my beck and call! Yes my vets skiing career depends on me sticking around... :eek: ... and I plan to...

I am a long standing and regular customer, I am the major reason my vet gets to Aspen each year, and I expect to pay for each dog, given how often I'm there and how much time I usually take up! My vets are terrific and charge very fairly IMO - they have pretty much rebuilt my old boy! So I just pay the bill - which over the last 12 months was probably somewhere between 8 and 10k :laugh: . And I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

What a great attitude. May you and your old boy have many more happy and healthy years together and continue with your great relationship with your vet clinic.

As Raz said - I drive around 45 mins to get to my vet and pay a squillion dollars in tolls (Harbour Bridge, Lane Cove Tunnel and M2 and then back again!) when I have the Sydney Uni vet right around the corner from me.

Anyone who lives in Sydney knows that where Dan comes from to see her vet is pretty hardcore dedicated. That's a hell of a drive but she doesnt care - she loves her vet clinic and I'll guarantee she doesnt ever quibble about the cost. (She's probably scared of Stormie as well :eek: ). When you find a great vet that you love you just stick with them because you know the main thing - they'll look after your animals.