Rubber Back Vet Bed - Pee Sits On Top!

SwaY

LizT I was also told the same thing. Not to use the rubber backed for babies due to the rubber perishing , esspecially when soaked with urine. Only to use the green backed for babies.

I used the rubber backed for the dogs here on top of their bedding, the rubber backed does perish a bit with age, but I've had it for ages now!

I was specifically told by the vendor to use the standard as that is the one for whelping boxes and that the rubber back is more for bedding in areas of slippage such as in pens and crates etc. I was told it was designed for use on polished boards etc.

I have seen many others with rubber back that has also flaked with time.

I emailed to order mine as I needed a non standard size.

In the email I said I was expecting a litter and this would be used in the Whelping Box and that I had not used it before.

I was not told anything like that, if I was I would have purchased the other one.

I was specifically told by the vendor to use the standard as that is the one for whelping boxes and that the rubber back is more for bedding in areas of slippage such as in pens and crates etc. I was told it was designed for use on polished boards etc.

I have seen many others with rubber back that has also flaked with time.

I emailed to order mine as I needed a non standard size.

In the email I said I was expecting a litter and this would be used in the Whelping Box and that I had not used it before.

I was not told anything like that, if I was I would have purchased the other one.

I bought mine from the fellow at KCC Park.

I can well imagine urine causing the rubber to perish quicker too.

Hi all,

We purchased ours over the net too.... much cheaper and it could be cut to any size required ie: trailer & crates

We have rubber backing which started to perish on first cold water wash but not yet tried the pee on the top test...will get it out when we unpack in a few weeks and try with water out of curiousity.

Maybe it is the brand... mine was brought from a lady in Oz who imported the rolls from England.

Cheers

Rottsup

sway, try the slicker - it is what they used to use in toy factories for breaking up the pile on the fur toys. Great for renewing lambswool rugs too!

LOL :confused: I gave my standard stuff a little "grooming" when I first washed it to give it that 'new look' again! But I get the impression Swayd's vetbed is new and hasn't drained pee from the start?

ps. After many washes I don't bother grooming each time but do give it a 'fluffup' when it looks a bit too bunched up. BUt it's only used as bedding now and doesn't get peed on.

I bought mine from the fellow at KCC Park.

I can well imagine urine causing the rubber to perish quicker too.

So did I but it was done via email and the website.

I guess whoever processed your order didn't pay much attention to what you said and only looked at the "order' side of things.

Glad you're more attentive with your site swayd! :confused:

sway, try the slicker - it is what they used to use in toy factories for breaking up the pile on the fur toys. Great for renewing lambswool rugs too!

LOL :heart: I gave my standard stuff a little "grooming" when I first washed it to give it that 'new look' again! But I get the impression Swayd's vetbed is new and hasn't drained pee from the start?

ps. After many washes I don't bother grooming each time but do give it a 'fluffup' when it looks a bit too bunched up. BUt it's only used as bedding now and doesn't get peed on.

and so using the brush to break up the pile will allow the pee to drain, that is why I suggested it!!

LOL :heart: I gave my standard stuff a little "grooming" when I first washed it to give it that 'new look' again! But I get the impression Swayd's vetbed is new and hasn't drained pee from the start?

Your right, it's never worked right from the start.

I have since tried the slicker brush, gee that is hard work - did not work thou!

Sway - I bought a rubber back dry bedding today while I was at the show and Charli "tested" it out already and the pee soaked in straight away.

I thought of you when I saw her peeing on it so watched what happened - got side tracked and couldn't really tell her off but the little bugger just came back from a pee break and peed on the bedding.

I was told the first time I bought it not to use it in the whelping box and to wash it in cold water and not to use the drier. But I still used it in the box :shrug: , Lizzy is a bugger with digging in the bedding - she did a bit of damage to a few pieces so I went back to the green backed bedding for her. I like the rubber backed on the tiles for bedding.