Showing Off My Newfie And Her Cart At The Kennel Club Party

newfsie

It was our Kennel Club Christmas break-up.....Annabelle had all the human Newfie shaped cookies in her cart and the Bone cookies for the dogs. I wrapped 80 cookies

here is my Darling Annabelle, she loves carting

2310251930048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

2779709380048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

I unharnessed her for some of the games, she loves the games

2536041560048736690S600x600Q85.jpg

When I was a kid, I used an old stroller to make a cart for my golden retriever, and I put my toddler brother in it and got my poor old dog to pull him around.

Eventually Mum and Dad bought me a horse and I broke it into harness.

Loving that gorgeous dog and its cart. Can you sit in the cart?

When I was a kid, I used an old stroller to make a cart for my golden retriever, and I put my toddler brother in it and got my poor old dog to pull him around.

Eventually Mum and Dad bought me a horse and I broke it into harness.

Loving that gorgeous dog and its cart. Can you sit in the cart?

We don't sit in it........We also drive our horses, Annabelle does the small jobs and where there are a lot of people, much saver

Annabelle is beautiful, and I love the cart did you make it?

Yes Hubby made it for me........And he did an awesome job on the shafts, they are beautifully carved

He sounds like a clever man to have around, he could make them to sell, it looks fantastic.

Annabelle is beautiful, and I love the cart did you make it?

Yes Hubby made it for me........And he did an awesome job on the shafts, they are beautifully carved

Wow, your hubby carved them!? I thought they must have been proper professionally bent shafts - they look so good. What a terrific hubby! And you drive your horses!? I'd love to get back into that. I've been thinking about buying a kids pony that is broken into harness (well and truly quiet), and saddle (beginner off lead child rider) so that the kids could have a pony and I could have a harness horse again. It is a delightful hobby with the right animals. What did your horses think of the dog pulling a cart around? Did it freak them out? Good on you. What a lovely dog, what a lovely cart, what a lovely hubby, and what a great hobby. If you know of a horse for sale for me, PM me!

Beautiful dog, beautiful cart. Pat on the back for OH please, and a huge pat for your Newfie for not getting stuck into all those bikkies in the cart !

Hardly anyone ever mentions that dogs like Newfies and Rottis were regularly used in harness, and loved it, delivering things around the place on a daily basis.

Thanks for the reminder and the lovely photos.

Souff :rofl:

Beautiful dog, beautiful cart. Pat on the back for OH please, and a huge pat for your Newfie for not getting stuck into all those bikkies in the cart !

Hardly anyone ever mentions that dogs like Newfies and Rottis were regularly used in harness, and loved it, delivering things around the place on a daily basis.

Thanks for the reminder and the lovely photos.

Souff :laugh:

Yes Annabelle loves her carting and gets quite upset when you take her out of the shafts. She choose to lie near the shafts as soon as the harness goes on. And she has a bounce in her step when she carts :laugh: