Spider Bites

beagie

I don't know if this is relevant, to this forum, however will give it a try. I would like to remind all that it is

not just snakes that can bite but also spiders. My lovely old GSP has just come through the worst possible

nightmare with a spider bite. He was wrongly diagnosed by two vets and wrongly medicated which caused

more complications. I myself found the bite, after he had almost died and I medicated him with polaramine

His back leg was swollen one side at the flank caved right in the flank came right down his kneck and brisket

three times longer than they should be, in short he looks like he has a blood hounds skin instead of a GSP

A lot of this caused by wrong meds being mixed. As to long lasting results who knows, I hope he will return to

normal, where was the bite on the back of the sheath where the Willie is, I guess vets don't look there

In short if the dog comes up with symptoms that no one can put a name to, take the time to go over it

and see if there is a bite somewhere. I hope all your dogs are safe from this horror Beagie

Hope your GSP is alright :laugh: What does a spider bite look like? I wouldn't know and it would be good to know in case it happens!

it comes up like a pimple with a white head on, can then leak white gunk, of course he was licking it and it went into a sore, he still has a way to go, but at least was barking when I came home a good sign although his body has not gone back to normal as yet. It is very scary stuff. Beagie

beagie thanks for your advice,a couple of weeks ago our Shepherd picked up a whitetail in her mouth, before we could get to it, but she very quickly spat it out, and our Lab got a bee sting anthursday so I quickly put some carb soda paste on it which helped a lot.

I hope your GSP will soon get well.

lablove

beagie thanks for your advice,a couple of weeks ago our Shepherd picked up a whitetail in her mouth, before we could get to it, but she very quickly spat it out, and our Lab got a bee sting anthursday so I quickly put some carb soda paste on it which helped a lot.

I hope your GSP will soon get well.

lablove

it pays to keep anti hystermines in the cupboard at all times (polaramine is a good one) my Beagle got a b sting his jaw quickly became a football, there is a liquid version also if your dog is not used to taking tablets

my Beagle and other pointer are used to it but not this boy. Another trick I learned from an old friend if they

won't open their mouth and won't eat even is put the tablet against their teeth and push it to the back of the mouth inside the lips of course, just rub gently the tab will disentergrate with the saliva and against their teeth they start to chew and it goes down. He is still a very sick dog and I doubt he will ever be his old wacky self again. Beagie