Lightroom Crashing

Ripley

'Lightroom crashes and ol' Ripley cries

Her intentions fall to the floor ...'

Bought LR, full version and loaded it and it's crashing on me. The one day I get some time to edit some photos for a friend. I'm really not in the mood now, it's hot and I've lost my motivation. Got the fan on here so heat isn't an issue. Anyone else had this problem when they first bought it?

Might have to get husband to look at the computer when he gets home. I've read Scott Kelby's book and was feeling all ah-ha, know this and ready to go and now it's stuffed up

Edited by Ripley

I can crash LR if I'm trying to do too much too fast on my computer. My computer isn't a dinosaur but I do ask it to do things that a faster/bigger machine really should be doing :D

What were you doing? How much did you have open - not only in LR but other things?

I can crash LR if I'm trying to do too much too fast on my computer. My computer isn't a dinosaur but I do ask it to do things that a faster/bigger machine really should be doing :D

What were you doing? How much did you have open - not only in LR but other things?

Imported some photos I took in late October straight from my camera onto LR. My husband has disconnected the other drive he's moved all my photos too so I loaded the photos up on C drive but there were only 30 of them, in RAW though. Then I tried to develop them and it kept crashing. I think I'll have to load them on the other drive tomorrow, which has a lot of space, and get him to reconnect it, loading my pics onto C is making it crash.

kja, I had nothing else open so I think it's my C drive. I will load them on the other drive when I get him to reconnect it. I think that's the problem. :(

There's a glitch or a conflict somewhere coz that doesn't sound like nearly enough to make it lock up!

you should see all the little tabs and crap I have open and then try to do something tricksy in LR and wonder why it freezes LOL I'm used to it now and know when I'm dancing on the edge :D

Good luck - i hope the move works coz it is supremely annoying.

Thanks. Bridge in CS3 has the same raw converter minus the adjustment brush and things like that, which I can easily do in PS anyway so if it keeps crashing, I'll just convert these photos in Bridge, I don't have a pile of photos to edit thank god.