New Puppy!

AdoubleJ

So what are waiting lists like for them? Oh and I love the name Roisin. I was coming up with a list of potential puppy names the other day and Roisin was added! I hadn't heard it on here before, so nice choice :thumbsup:

Waiting lists are LONG. Paula here has been on one for years. Do your homework carefully as there are health issues in some lines.

You might want to PM FHRP about Spins and retrieving Rubystar. She had a lovely Spinone some years back. I gather one issue is that the standard Spinone working gait is a trot and this means they lack some of the dash that the faster working Labs and others tend to display in trials. This has the potential to see them scored lower I think.

Just love Spinone.. fabulous dogs. :laugh:

I wish someone here would get a Bracco. :)

Edited by poodlefan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are waiting lists like for them? Oh and I love the name Roisin. I was coming up with a list of potential puppy names the other day and Roisin was added! I hadn't heard it on here before, so nice choice :laugh:

Waiting lists are LONG. Paula here has been on one for years. Do your homework carefully as there are health issues in some lines.

You might want to PM FHRP about Spins and retrieving Rubystar. She had a lovely Spinone some years back. I gather one issue is that the standard Spinone working gait is a trot and this means they lack some of the dash that the faster working Labs and others tend to display in trials. This has the potential to see them scored lower I think.

Just love Spinone.. fabulous dogs. :swear:

I wish someone here would get a Bracco. :rofl:

I'm bloody working on it PF :rofl::eek: Need a new OH!!!(Or................. no OH!! :rofl::eek: )

IMG_1560-2-1.jpg

IMG_1563-1-1.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

It wasn't me...

IMG_1657.jpg

back seat driver....

IMG_1111-1.jpg

too cute for my own good.

groucho11.jpg

groucho21.jpg

Groucho xxxxxxx

Monah

Have a look at my Facebook photos - you'll see my cats there, and some of my beagles.......

:eek: Been having a good look!! gorgeous. really gorgeous grandkids too!!! absolutely lovely. :laugh: xxx

Why thank you kind lady! Yes I think I have gorgeous grandchildren too......... Son, DIL and 4 of the grandies live in Australis :-(

I can attest to the love a Spinone will bring to anyone's house. Roisin is JUST GORGEOUS!!!

The mud shots - classic! :o

They seem large if you're not used to that size of dog but they're gentle...unless you're a stuffed toy. I love the "I didn't do it" pic as well. :D

I met a few at a dog show in Canberra years ago...very nice the way they move. Just so graceful and fluid in the ring.

I'm sure Monah would say they also have a great sense of humour, and are happy just to be with people, other dogs, other creatures...they just don't like to be all alone but will cope if they must, just have toys around so they're not completely "alone". :)

I'd love a Spinone one day, but I have so many breeds on my list...I won't live long enough to have them all.

I must also start a new list! :)

Your pup is gorgeous! Best of luck with him, he looks like a lot of fun. I love the name. You should read the book The Art of Racing in the Rain. It is written from the point of view of a dog called Enzo. A great book.

post-14567-1293532701_thumb.jpg

Well, he's here!! He's absolutely gorgeous!!! :love:

He's been soooo good since he arrived - brilliant with the cats and the kids, stirring the other beagle pups up. Slept all night - just one accident in the house.

Have had to treat him like a baby :love: out for playtime then back in his crate for his sleep, then eat........ loves his food and loves his cuddles.

Edited by AdoubleJ