Titre Testing

Joypod

Hi joypod,

I was interested in doing the same thing, can you tell me if titre testing counts for dog clubs and boarding? What is the cost?

Hi Erinonthefarm,

I'm not sure about dog clubs because I'm not a member of any but Dog Central Day Care in Yarraville (Vic), where my two stay sometimes, accept titre tests as proof of vaccination.

From memory, it wasn't cheap. I think it was about $200 per dog but you'd have to speak to your vet about that. Please don't quote me, I honestly don't remember exactly.

I felt it was well worth spending the money to see if they were covered rather than over vaccinate them both.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

If you want to use it as an alternative to vaccination certificate for the purposes of dog school/boarding kennels etc, I'd think you'd need to titre test annually after the vaccine period runs out. i.e., if the original vaccine was licensed for 3 years, you'd need to titre test annually after 3 years. But that would depend on the policy of the particular boarding kennel or dog school.

If you're just doing it for your own interest, I guess you can do them whenever. :thumbsup:

I titre test annually it costs about $70 per dog, plus the vaccinations as required. We also vacc annually for KC.

The dog clubs I play at all accept it - mostly after some negotiation. (I can prove my dogs have immunity - can you?......)

where in qld do you titre? thats a good price.

Guest belgian.blue

I'm thinking of getting my two tested early next year.

Just wondering if I should give Badger his 12 monthly booster or not. Probably a good idea and just titre Ivy for now.