Silly Question Re.dog Friendly Beaches In Brissy

kirsty79

Hey everyone,

As some might know, my old girl has been a little under the weather recently. I want to take her somewhere nice this weekend as she luuuuurves her walks.

I would love to take her to the beach (she has never been) however since being attacked twice by other dogs she has become rather fear aggressive.

My first question is - are dogs allowed on the normal beaches as long as they are on leash?

If only allowed on the dog friendly ones,are all dog friendly ones off leash?

Basically, I need a suggestion for a beach where I can take the furkids (they never go off leash as the basset would never come back!) but where there isn't loads of dogs.

I'm stumped :eek:

I am pretty sure (but not 100%) that dog's are allowed on beaches on leash however they are not allowed in the flagged area at all.

If you want to venture up to the Sunshine Coast there are a couple near my mum's place. At Mudjimba beach they have a leash free dog area between flags 59 and 60 (south end of the beach) and at Coolum Beach near Stumer's Creek there is also a leash free dog area.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

You could travel up to Redcliffe.

There is a cove just before Scarborough that is simply brilliant.

It a bit craggy on some parts of the shore which is why they gave it to the dogs.

That looks cool pewithers, where abouts exactly is it in Redcliffe? We will be up in Brissy with the dogs for Xmas.

That looks cool pewithers, where abouts exactly is it in Redcliffe? We will be up in Brissy with the dogs for Xmas.

Hi wuffles.

You'll find it at the far north end of Redcliffe.

It is the last east side beach just before the water's edge turns into Scarborough beach.

Scarborough beach, itself, has been voted most family friendly beach several times

Anyway, the dog beach, it's a craggy cove, runs from Phillip Street up to Kennedy Esplanade.

Be sure to get some chips from the 'chippy' in Anzac Ave. Easily Australia's best fisn'n'chips

post-3970-1291886830_thumb.jpg

Edited by pewithers