My Whippet Tag Is A Genius

Kirislin

Tag is the boy I sometimes refer to as Dum Dum head, but today he did something I think is really clever. Since I've got them a doggy door I try not to get up and down as much to let them in when they're outside looking at me through the kitchen door. I tell them to "go 'round" and they run all the way around the outside of the house to come in through the doggy door. Today it was me outside though and Tag inside looking at me through the kitchen door wanting me to open it to let him out. I said to him go 'round and I could see him thinking and then suddenly he took off :mad through the house to go to the doggy door. I've never said it to him in that context before, isn't that clever of him.

Our female JRT still makes up games. The latest being to drop her ball from the second storey balcony on to the pergola roof, watch it roll down and land on the grass. She then runs down the stairs in the house, out through the dog door, picks up the ball and runs back up the stairs to do it all again. so funny to watch

Very clever...you see, all this time you thought he was spethial and he's just been observing, biding his time...to reveal that he is in fact, pure canine genius.

I suspect Lilly of the same thing. She's normally all butterflies and rainbows, but every so often she will reveal an actual thought process which is truly astonishing. :mad