Whats The Best Gossip You Heard About Yourself Or Your Dogs?

MonElite

Most of the stories that got back to me were based on jealousy so they didn't get too much of my time ..... although the one where my bitch was supposed to have bitten a judge was malicious and totally untrue. You've got to feel sorry for people who spread nasty gossip. They are carrying around one helluva problem when they resort to such tactics and usually the most damaged person is them.

Souff

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From ANKC National Code of Ethics of Responsible Dog Ownership

Quote:

28. A member shall not indulge in false or misleading advertising relating to the conformation, characteristics or performance of that member’s dog.

29. A member shall not misrepresent nor malign the conformation, characteristics or performance of another member’s dog.

I wish people would remember thier code of ethics before openeing thier mouths and spreading rumors. (Not something I have expirenced much or that I am aware has happened to me.

Quote:

28. A member shall not indulge in false or misleading advertising relating to the conformation, characteristics or performance of that member’s dog.

29. A member shall not misrepresent nor malign the conformation, characteristics or performance of another member’s dog.

I wish people would remember thier code of ethics before openeing thier mouths and spreading rumors. (Not something I have expirenced much or that I am aware has happened to me.

The problem with these listed Ethics is they directly relate to a dog, not the member, the member's family etc.

Edited by -Megz-

Quote:

The problem with these listed Ethics is they directly relate to a dog, not the member, the member's family etc.

I did notice that and I agree that it's a bit inclusive as far as that goes. But quite a few people here have mentioned people starting rumors about thier dogs, so they could I guess if they were really peeved and had proof take things further? :dummy:

A - I don't recall the perpetrators names being mentioned

B - They are rumours about us......not the other way around

I know. I didn't know if all people posting realised it was against the ANKC code of ethics if you know someone started a rumor about your dog, which a couple of people here apparently have had happen to them. :dummy:

I clearly see this thread in a very different light to "RSG" and some others. When a puppy buyer goes to a breeder who passes on these types of lies, the puppy buyer has nothing upon which to form a different opinion to that which is tauted by the breeder- therefore the lie is perpetuated and the breeders intention is achieved. Should a potential puppy buyer see this thread and see how ridicolous these lies are and how often it happens, when they come across a breeder who displays this behavoiur they are more likely to say to themselves "ah...you're one of those! - I'll take what you say with a pinch of salt!" As for reporting this type of behaviour - good luck - the standard answer is "welcome to the dog world". I personally do not see this as a negative - I never see the truth as a negative. It is a pitty that competition brings out the worst in some people and a greater pitty that some are unable to see past their own kennels, but the truth should not become a victim. The vast majority of us simply ignore these lies and avoid those who perpetuate them but it does hurt. I say well done to those of us who after having been wronged refuse to play the same game. If ever pushed for an opinion on a breeder I have no faith in - my answer will simply be "Our code of Ethics prevents me from answering that question".

Have a good day and don't stoop to their level!

My dogs apparently cost $500,000 all up.

People still ask to this day what they cost!

Who cares! :) :) ;)

But didn't you tell me that when I met you at the Brisbane Ekka :rofl: ;) :o:)

Cheap at twice the price, Wazza :wave::eek:

If I was asked that, I would respond: Just love. :):)

I did reply

" OMG NOOOOOO They were a lot dearer than that! lol"

Yes MM you were one of the ones who tld me! Still laugh today when people ask!