Number 6 Working Party

Steve

Same again. We need people involved in a small working party to brainstorm and put into action things to address this the best way within the community.

We dont just want trainers - but trainers are good. Ordinary dog owners are needed just as much in on this too though.

Dogs behaving badly because their owners dont give them basic training for good manners cause laws and restrictions on our dogs and what we can do with them.

Come in if you feel strongly about this one because there is lots to do.

I will collect names over the next week or so then ask Troy to open a private area for us to get to work.

Julie

Come on guys you cant make us do this one on our own - its so important and we will be using what comes out of this in several different areas .

It will form a big part of what we are doing with tenants with pets, preparation for a disaster, promoting responsible dog ownership and stack of others.

Any takers? We need you!

I would like to be involved in this one please, tied in with the responsible dog ownership one. I feel strongly about educating people about dog ownership. I'm not sure how much time I can put into it at this stage but I do feel strongly about it.

• 4 weeks later...

me, I would also like to touch on adding the importance of volunteers in the community (of all abilities) assisting rescues or pounds (or people of limited knowledge) in training dogs to have better manners.

ETA when our new website is up, we have changed a few ways of doing things with surrenders. We have been bending over backwards to try and keep the dog and family together by assiting in implementing strategies to improve undesirable behaviours.

We have managed to do this on numerous occasions now, by offering ongoing support to those who have called us to surrender. This support may be via phone, via visits or trainer recommendations, but its has worked and it just proves by adding a little support free of charge can change a situation dramatically.

Edited by Chewbacca

I'd like to be involved two

owner of two golden retreivers and two coolies

the two golden retreivers and one coolie are just much loved albeit lazy dogs

the second coolie is the one that's going to be the high achieving one in the family (she is only 9 weeks old at the moment :o )

Back to work

allerzeit

christinex

future dogtrainer

sllebasi

Erny

CW EW

Quickasyou can

lollipop

aussielover

chewbacca

onsntillnflash

Last call.

I'll be involved if you'll have me?

Canine good manners are really important to me because I've got a rude dog. I do try, but often other owners won't give me the chance to correct him before they're cracking the shits and hauling their dog away in disgust and my lad's left standing there with a big dopey 'What'd I do?' head on him and I'm mortified. (Or I'll correct him and he'll start to play nicely and they'll haul their dog away in disgust anyway.)

If this also ties into the whole concept of people learning to understand dog body language so they can distinguish good manners from bad, then yes I'm definitely up for it.