Neuter Class And Title

SparkyTansy

Can anyone please tell me what the status is of the Neuter Title and the rules of the Neuter class being offered at shows is (is it meant to be complulsory to offer the class at shows yet?)? I am specifically after news of it for WA. I have some friends who might be interested in showing, and given permission from their breeder (they have two ex show dogs), they might consider showing. I'm also interested in the status and any updates on the success of the title or the class (increase of entries over time?) in other states.

Thanks

There was a vote at the last ANKC meeting about compulsory Neuter classes, NSW was the only state to vote in favour.

So far, no Victorian All Breeds shows have had Neuter class. We have shown our neuter girl in NT and NSW, she is over half way to her title. When we did these shows we also had other dogs in regular classes, so it is a way of attracting more entries.

Try offering to sponser the class (as we have done). Recent shows in ACT had an entry of 22 neuters.

We are having to travel to SA and NSW to get shows that are offering neuter. The first shows that will offer it are the Ovens Valley early April.

It is really disappointing.

BBJ went to Mount Gambier in Nov. This was for our Neuter girl, if she had not gone there would have no Cavaliers shown. :laugh::)

So they gained 4 entries by having neuter class.

Leopuppy04 also gave them entries because of neuter class.

Thaks for the replies everyone :laugh:

I am not really sure where my friends are at regarding showing at this point - i wouldn't want them to get all excited about it, add their dogs to the neuter register and join dogswest, all for there to be no shows where the neuter class is offered.

A few WA shows hold neuter classes, including Wanneroo Ag Show which was last weekend. I didn't look at the programme that closely but there were not many neuter entries at all. In fact at most shows in WA where I have seen neuter classes held you are lucky to get 1 or 2 per group. But then the only shows who have put on the classes are the ones that always have.

Now that I have finally transfered my girl to the Neuter register (only took 18 months :laugh: ) I will probably enter her in any that I would already be attending.

Thanks Mirawee :laugh: I lost my last Canine News and didn't realise that Wanneroo did offer the class. I looked through all the shows for this mag and none offer it. I can see why clubs aren't offering it as there are so few entries, but I didn't know where the stand was on compulsory offering of the class and what had been decided.

Be great to see your girl in the neuter class :) I could never enter my setter in the neuter class - that spay coat is a killer with setters :)