Does Anyone Know Where I Can Find A Lightweight Raincoat Please?

Kelly_Louise

Sash loves to walk - rain, hail or shine and I don't have the heart to say no... I have a thicker coat that we use when it rains, however it's a bit hot for summer and she doesn't like to walk it in and puts on her sooky face. So I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a lightweight, summer raincoat please (for a BIG dog)?

I have seen the Ruffwear sun shower coat for around $120, but was hoping for something a little less pricey as we probably won't use it alot.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance!! :(

Edited by Kelly_Louise

Thanks for the suggestion Jess, will add it to the list of potentials.

Gah aren't they expensive though!! They are way more expensive than the faithful old warm and thick Weatherbeeta rain/coat that she has!!! But I guess the bigger the size the bigger the cost :(

If you're after something pretty basic, Im pretty sure I've got 1 or 2 50cm or 60cm pooch poncho's around here somewhere. They're $13, lightweight and just fold up into the little pouch. They're nothing special look wise, but I found them perfect for attaching on the dog lead when walking incase it rained.

If you're interested let me know and Ill have a look for them.

post-4872-1291252906_thumb.jpg

Edited by wagsalot

If you're after something pretty basic, Im pretty sure I've got 1 or 2 50cm or 60cm pooch poncho's around here somewhere. They're $13, lightweight and just fold up into the little pouch. They're nothing special look wise, but I found them perfect for attaching on the dog lead when walking incase it rained.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys - will have a better look when I get home :rofl:

Wagsalot - I'm not after anything special at all, just something light (so she won't act like she is in the middle of the desert) that will keep most of the rain off, not concerned how it looks!! I'd prefer something without the leg holes in them, as while they provide better coverage, she is an odd shape and I find fitting her hard - plus she's not really keen on wearing coats as it is... You say you have 50 or 60cm - is that the length of the back? If so, might be a tad too short for her. If you can have a look and let me know though, that would be great... I will measure her when I get home too.

I really appreciate all your help - will check them all out and let's hope we can find something that will keep her happy to walk in the rain (when she has to wear her thicker coat - she sulks and does little annoyed pffffffs out the sides of her mouth :thumbsup: the big turd!!).

I quite like this (and other) of the coats by "Back on Track". I believe you can get them through Clean Run - not sure how the prices stack up -vs- direct purchase.

post-5887-1291268376_thumb.jpg

This one is listed as being "Water Resistant". Haven't waded (pardon the pun) through the rest of the site to see if there are ones more water proof, but I do like that this can 'breathe'.

Edited by Erny

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your suggestions guys - will have a better look when I get home :)

Wagsalot - I'm not after anything special at all, just something light (so she won't act like she is in the middle of the desert) that will keep most of the rain off, not concerned how it looks!! I'd prefer something without the leg holes in them, as while they provide better coverage, she is an odd shape and I find fitting her hard - plus she's not really keen on wearing coats as it is... You say you have 50 or 60cm - is that the length of the back? If so, might be a tad too short for her. If you can have a look and let me know though, that would be great... I will measure her when I get home too.

I really appreciate all your help - will check them all out and let's hope we can find something that will keep her happy to walk in the rain (when she has to wear her thicker coat - she sulks and does little annoyed pffffffs out the sides of her mouth :) the big turd!!).

sorry about the late reply - I only just saw this thread again. I've got 3 pooch poncho's left - Red 50cm, Blue 50cm and Blue 60m.

The sizing on them says 50cm Cocker Spaniel, Basset Hound and 60cm Labrador, German Shepherd.

Edited by wagsalot