Pants For Golden Retriever (or Something To Cover His Thighs)

kwirky

Hello,

I have a Golden who can get obsessive about licking and currently has a hot spot on his thigh (about 1 inch above knee).

This is not the sort of spot I can put a bandage on, so wanted to get some pants. Although I have seen some great ones online in the US, they are usually in small breed size or the shipping will take too long.

Does anyone have any ideas?

A few years ago I cut up a boys windcheater but it was very ordinary and has since been binned.

(We are located in the SE of Melbourne)

:(

post-36628-1291187416_thumb.jpg

First thing I would ask is have you been to the vet? Usually hot spots heal within a day or so once treatment is started.

Dog will lick it only if he is irrtated by it normally ... once it starts to heal, they tend to be less bothered by it and lick less.

No idea about pants though sorry. I wouldn't cover it myself as it need air to let it dry and heal.

Hi,

Hunter doesn't have any medical problems, just has OCD :(

Have tried all the sprays etc. Only thing that stops him is the bucket (obviously) and covering for a couple of days. I hate putting the bucket on him and am seeking another option.

Hi,

Hunter doesn't have any medical problems, just has OCD :laugh:

Have tried all the sprays etc. Only thing that stops him is the bucket (obviously) and covering for a couple of days. I hate putting the bucket on him and am seeking another option.

Seen a vet re the OCD? :( That might be the best option?

Why not try some Chinese Herbs, might help a dog with OCD - I've had one but I didn't know about the herbs at the time. They certainly helped my dementia dog who was very anxious and keeping me up all night, every night for months. He was fine within 2 days. The vet is in NSW but you can do phone consults with a vet and they consult with your own vet as well. It's the All Natural Vet at Russell Lea in Sydney. Google them, they have their own website.