Muzzles For Dogs

Staranais

Does anyone in Canberra know who stocks good ones?

I had a look at the site link for Jafco and while it says they will happily refund any "unused" ones I would assume once you put it on to try the fit I would expect it would be considered "used" by then even if it didn't fit.......

I have wanted to get a good muzzle that dogs can pant, drink in for years but its not being sure of fit that's stopped me ordering one over the net......and I agree I want to fit it properly first.

Can someone else tell me is there a particular "point" on the muzzle you measure to/from and what part of the muzzle you measure circumference from - thickest part at top?

Edited by Just Andrea

I just stuck it on my girl and went with the one that she seemed most comfortable with. When you're fitting it, it should sit well under the sensitive inner corners of their eyes (its uncomfortable if it's right under their eyes), and be large enough for them to open their mouths somewhat. I got mine probably slightly larger fitting, thinking that I'd rather err on the side of greater ventilation & that I could train her to keep it on.

The Jafco supplier (Steve from K9Pro) is a poster here, his company has great customer service in my experience, so I bet he'd help you decide on a size if you gave him a call, also he'd tell you what they considered used. I'd buy from him again with no hesitation.

I love Jafco muzzles and I use the clear PVC model (which is softer). I've modified mine and I can feed treats through either side very efficiently. However, they don't lose heat as well as wire basket muzzles so I don't leave them on during hard exercise or hot weather for long periods. It's probably a bit paranoid, but better to be safe than sorry.

From memory Leerburg has a sizing guide, just go off that for measurements.

I had a look at the site link for Jafco and while it says they will happily refund any "unused" ones I would assume once you put it on to try the fit I would expect it would be considered "used" by then even if it didn't fit.......

K9: Just to clarify, if you get a Jafco muzzle from us or a Lightweight Plastic Basket Muzzle like SA is using, and on arrival you fit it and its a little to big or small, we will swap it for sure, the dog needs to have it fitted so that you can see if it does fit or not.

If you had it on your dog for a week, well that maybe another story, but fitting for size is certainly ok.

For some dogs that have irregularly shaped noses or jaws, we have had to swap a few times and even have custom made muzzles made, happy to work with you to get it right.

Can someone else tell me is there a particular "point" on the muzzle you measure to/from and what part of the muzzle you measure circumference from - thickest part at top?

K9: Ideally measure the circumference of the nose (dogs muzzle) at the stop, this is the flat section in front of the eyes, also measure from this point to the end of the nose and use our sizing chart.