My Experience With K9pro

Baby Dragon

I just wanted to encourage anyone who has a dog with any training issues.. and tell them that there is hope!!

5 days, a few training sessions with K9Pro, 35 hours of driving + one flat tyre later, and without exageration, I have a totally new dog. And I have a new confidence and new attitude towards my dog. I never thought this would happen, I didn't think things would be able to improve even 1/4 as much as they have!

K9Pro's way of training was very different to any other trainer we've been to and it worked :D and it was challenging and a lot of hard work, but not as much as I thought it would be to get to the level we were able to get to! Steve was so patient and where in the past other trainers had blamed me and told me I was doing everything wrong and basically wanted me to change my whole personality so my dog would listen to me, Steve showed me how I can get proper leadership and a much better relationship with my dog without having to change my whole personality. And my dog is so much happier!!!

We can now do things that I never thought were possible, I have a plan in place so I can do maintanance training and email support when I need it, and I'm able to actually ENJOY my dog again :D :happydance2::happydance2: There's an understanding and bond between my dog and me that wasn't there before, and even just typing this I'm getting teary because I never thought this would happen. We got so much more out of the training than I ever thought possible.

So I just wanted to encourage people, if they have a training issue with their dog (or even if they just need some extra help to perfect something or whatever) then there is hope and I would definitely recommend asking K9Pro if they can help.

:happydance: Steve you're amazing!

Edited by Baby Dragon

So glad you now have a better relationship with your dog, babydragon :) and it sounds like it will only get better! I still have a LOT to learn and work on with my dog but I never dreamed we would be able to get to where we are now. It is the best feeling ever.

What a lovely message to share :) So glad to hear that you found a trainer/behaviourist who could help you to work with your dog and bring out the best in you and your dog.

K9Pro is certainly a popular man, and seems to have a lot of happy students :(

Good work K9Pro and Baby Dragon

Excellent news :champagne:

I have read a lot of Steve's training strategies he has written, and after 22 years of my own experience as a professional service dog handler and trainer along with amateur dogsport, I have seen good and bad over the years. Steve has similar strategies that reflect the views of the best trainers I have ever known and worked with, for what my opinion is worth, I think Steve's approach is superb and is nice to hear good positive feedback. The hardest job in dog training is having the ability to teach people how train their dog which appears that Steve has the package :birthday:

Edited by 55chevy

Thanks everyone :rolleyes:

I'm so excited that the improvements we saw in my dog while training with Steve are the same even though we're home.

We still have a lot of work to do, but I feel like we know what to do now :laugh: Steve got us on the right path. We should have gone there for help years ago. The results have been instantaneous. I'm truly amazed.

Edited by Baby Dragon

I just wanted to encourage anyone who has a dog with any training issues.. and tell them that there is hope!!

5 days, a few training sessions with K9Pro, 35 hours of driving + one flat tyre later, and without exageration, I have a totally new dog. And I have a new confidence and new attitude towards my dog. I never thought this would happen, I didn't think things would be able to improve even 1/4 as much as they have!

K9Pro's way of training was very different to any other trainer we've been to and it worked :rolleyes: and it was challenging and a lot of hard work, but not as much as I thought it would be to get to the level we were able to get to! Steve was so patient and where in the past other trainers had blamed me and told me I was doing everything wrong and basically wanted me to change my whole personality so my dog would listen to me, Steve showed me how I can get proper leadership and a much better relationship with my dog without having to change my whole personality. And my dog is so much happier!!!

We can now do things that I never thought were possible, I have a plan in place so I can do maintanance training and email support when I need it, and I'm able to actually ENJOY my dog again :laugh::laugh: :D There's an understanding and bond between my dog and me that wasn't there before, and even just typing this I'm getting teary because I never thought this would happen. We got so much more out of the training than I ever thought possible.

So I just wanted to encourage people, if they have a training issue with their dog (or even if they just need some extra help to perfect something or whatever) then there is hope and I would definitely recommend asking K9Pro if they can help.

:) Steve you're amazing!

:D Excellent stuff BD !!! I'm so happy for you! I believe Steve is one of the best !!!!

Thanks everyone :o

I'm so excited that the improvements we saw in my dog while training with Steve are the same even though we're home.

We still have a lot of work to do, but I feel like we know what to do now :D Steve got us on the right path. We should have gone there for help years ago. The results have been instantaneous. I'm truly amazed.

That's awesome BD! Make sure you keep us updated on your progress :laugh:

We have a K9 Pro chat thread on the FB fan page if you want join us :o

Congratulations BD - it's an awesome feeling isn't it?

I can't say enough nice things about Steve - going out to see him truely was the turning point in Zero and my relationship. He is the reason Zero is able to be around other dogs without a problem, the reason he's been able to do so well at obedience and the reason he's now an accredited Delta Therapy Dog.

I can't say enough nice things about Steve - going out to see him truely was the turning point in Zero and my relationship. He is the reason Zero is able to be around other dogs without a problem, the reason he's been able to do so well at obedience and the reason he's now an accredited Delta Therapy Dog.

You guys are my favourite success story :laugh:

You guys are my favourite success story :laugh:

But look at what you've done with the Evil Beagle!!

Thanks to Steve my Onslow knows that I am the leader of the pack, my Tilly is a very happy girl, I have added to the family, foster as well and we go and stay at my friends place who has masses of dogs and Onslow is great with all of them. He used to be very dominant and a bully but now he knows that he can't get away with that behaviour at all or he finds his mummy staring at him and he then just goes to water :D All techniques that Steve taught me how to deal with him :laugh::o:o there is a testimonial written by me on his website :(:(:rofl:

The best was about a month after the weekend we had with Steve the dogs had to go board but I didn't tell the kennels about the lessons I had. When I went to pick them up the kennel lady asked me what had I done to Onslow. She never said this to me before but apparently he was not a nice dog to board, they dreaded having him and he thought he could do anything he liked because he was the boss. But that time and since he was very respectful, did what he was told and listened to them, they loved having him.