Questions For Dolers With Online Stores

labsrule

Do any of you Doler's with online stores that sell pet toys and products check if any of the pet toys & products that you are intending to sell, are non toxic to pets?

When you are researching pet products to sell, is the toxicity issue ever factored into the equation of whether or not you will sell a pet product?.

Are you aware that so many pet toys/products contain Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) that is toxic to pets and that Lead is also an issue in pet products?

Majority of pet owners are not aware that so many of the toys that they buy their pets contain toxins harmful to pets and that there are no government regulations controlling the manufacture of pet products to make them non toxic like human kiddies toys/products.

Im certainly aware of it and do my best to keep that stuff out of our store. It is hard though - there is not alot of knowledge about it around, and not alot of toys even have what they're made of on the packaging.

Anything that looks cheap and nasty never gets a look in. I have had people complain I don't have enough "cheap stuff", as in the $2 store dog toys etc. Some people don't care about PVC at all. I stay clear from any of those cheap $2 store type toys. Im constantly getting emails from China, Hong Kong etc wanting me to sell their cheap squeaky hamburgers. Some got sent to us once, and the chemical smell! Needless to say they went straight to the bin.

Edited to add - I thought there was regulations on it, but only applying to things made in Australia, so anything made overseas could get through with toxic things it in?

Edited by wagsalot