Unknown Parentage?

sheena

Just an update on my friend's 8 month old rescue pooch who was being terribly carsick (couldn't get down the driveway). I lent my friend a "calming cap" to see if that might work. Her dog now has a bruised retina...no idea how she did it, but she has been using the calming cap to protect the eye from the sun while out toileting etc. The other day she left the cap on while she transported her to the vet &.....you guessed it....dog was not sick. She dribbled a bit, but was not sick. Maybe we have had a break through :laugh:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad she managed a trip in the car without chucking! :confused:

Did she try feeding in the car while car is stationary to make car a good place? Then turning engine on, then going very short distance and slowly increase distance?

The only dog I've had who was carsick was a purebred Schipperke in the States. The Beagle my parents rescued drooled in the car but did not chuck.

None of the dogs I currently own ( one from pound, one unregistered purebred, one registered purebred) get carsick :rofl:

Adding my 2c worth on car sickness. My first dog to ever suffer any form of car-sickness was from the 4th litter from the bitch, 2nd with the same sire. She was the only one to ever get sick. She travelled over 2,000 kms in the car by the age of 12 weeks (I was on holidays) with no sign of sickness. The day after her 12-week vaccination she started getting sick. 6 x on the way to dog shows, 3 x on the way to the beach 2 km from home. I tried everything I, my vet, other breeders, could think of and nothing helped. She liked the car, would jump in whenever a door was left open and wait in her "spot" for the car to go(go figure), loved the beach and was always in the company of other dogs who didn't get sick. I stopped showing her and tried to minimise her car travel. 6 years on, one day she wasn't sick and hasn't been sick ever since. She is now 11!!

Edited..for spelling...of course!

Edited by Patters

Adding my 2c worth on car sickness. My first dog to ever suffer any form of car-sickness was from the 4th litter from the bitch, 2nd with the same sire. She was the only one to ever get sick. She travelled over 2,000 kms in the car by the age of 12 weeks (I was on holidays) with no sign of sickness. The day after her 12-week vaccination she started getting sick. 6 x on the way to dog shows, 3 x on the way to the beach 2 km from home. I tried everything I, my vet, other breeders, could think of and nothing helped. She liked the car, would jump in whenever a door was left open and wait in her "spot" for the car to go(go figure), loved the beach and was always in the company of other dogs who didn't get sick. I stopped showing her and tried to minimise her car travel. 6 years on, one day she wasn't sick and hasn't been sick ever since. She is now 11!!

Edited..for spelling...of course!

:confused: for little Taz then. The whole litter has the same problem. We are not sure yet if the Calming Cap has been a complete success as she is on medication for her bruised retina, but it seems to be working :laugh: Thanks for you story.