Rip Bluey

Mollie10

I feel so horrible. The OH called to say that he got home and Anouk was covered in blood. He looked outside and he found an enviscerated blue tongue lizard :D

I know she was just being a terrier, but it's the first time she's ever killed anything ;)

Poor Bluey.

Mischa and Cleo are accomplished lizard hunters, as well as anything smaller than them that enters our yard (rats, mice, birds, etc). ;) Dogs will be dogs, especially vermin hunters!

My terrier x is forever trying to catch our cockatiels. I think he stalks them out of fascination rather than as a prey item. :D

Oh dear it must be the week for it. Edward killed a bluey the other day. He was very proud of himself, running to show me it - great white hunter that he is. It's the first thing he's killed - as far as I know :(

I feel terrible too - not just for the bluey - poor thing - but for my garden - they are great to have around.

Poor bluey. RIP.

I've come home to dead birds. While it could be one or the other, I suspect Grumpy is the culprit.

Behind the teddy bear exterior lurks the heart of a killer....

post-13205-1290487843_thumb.jpg

Update, I think the bluey may have been in our garage, as Ziggy was refusing to go through there last night. Ziggy probably was freaked out by the lizard, and Anouk was protecting him (she's done it before when dogs have growled at him).