That Will Teach Me!

Remarkabull

Bloody dogs!

We just got back from the fantastic dog park (complete with agility equipment and a huge lagoon for swimming :laugh: ) and I am under the impression that my 9 year old Amstaff X wasn't happy that she was left behind. She is DA so she can't come with us and I thought seeing as it is so hot today I'd leave her inside with the AC blasting. Obviously she wasn't impressed because when we arrived home and opened the door we were greeted with an awful smell. She had pulled the bin over and the contents were spread all over the kitchen and dining room, including grease soaked paper towel, rotten bananas and best of all a heap of crawling maggots! :(

She greeted us with a wagging tail and a empty cheese sauce sachet in her mouth, like she was presenting us with a gift!

She has never done this before and is normally a lazy dog that is more than happy with sleeping the day away and has never been destructive or naughty. I'm hoping that it was just a case of the bin smelling way too good to ignore and her knowing that there was no one to stop her and not a new naughty phase beginning! She is almost a old lady now, not at the age where I would expect her to start being destructive!

Oh well, I've learnt my lesson and will not be leaving her inside, alone ever again!

I bet that lovely bin was just too tempting to her :laugh:

When I was at my parents holiday house with them we left the 3 dogs (Maltese, Pug and Maltese X Shih Tzu) at home when we went to a friends house for lunch. When we came back the entire bin was strewn all over the floor and the dogs had dragged all the Osso bucco bones from the previous nights dinner in to separate places (one in the main bedroom, one in the living room and one in the dining room - obviously each dog taking their prize to another place). The bin was lovely and ripe as well - not a very appetizing sight! :(

Naughty dogs!!!

was that Marlow's lagoon? we used to go there nearly every day, the dogs loved it.

There is also an oval over the other side , part of a school but no one is ever there and it's not fenced but very private and we'd go there when the dog park was busy. Watch out for 'croc' signs during the wet, there are big pipes that the odd one gets washed down. :D :laugh:

Might need a bin in the cupboard :D Ours always stayed in in the aircon too. :eat: xxx

Yeah, was Marlow Lagoon. It's really great. Haven't seen any croc signs yet, just as well because today I ended up waist deep in the lagoon to save little Odie from drowning! He got caught up in the reeds and it was mummy to the rescue!

Gosh today has been eventful!

Have a container or plastic bag in the freezer compartment of your fridge and pop in all the cheese, chokkie, fast food wrappers, bones or whatever they can get their pokey noses into, then just chuck it out with the garbage on council garbage day.

Voice of experience here after coming home to much the same disaster as dobesrock :(

:(:):) I hope you took a photo!

I didn't. It wasn't until I'd almost finished the clean up that I thought of taking a photo. Should of, it was a big mess and she seemed pretty pleased with herself!

Tims Mum - I will get a muzzle and see how that goes but am worried that if she happens to get into it with a dog as large or large than herself that she will be injured. Not that she can fight, she is completely useless and is mostly alot of noise and throwing her weight around but on a llittle dog (which she seems more interested in killing) that is more than enough to cause injury.

From what I have observed she is a classic bully - she picks on smaller dogs and relies on growling and posturing to bluff the larger dogs into being scared of her, if any larger dog actually called her bluff I think she would back down, either that or she would end up with the most injuries because she is useless in a fight. I have no doubt that she would kill a smaller dog though.

Edited by dobesrock

There's some not so nice dogs at Marlows, my girl's been attacked a few times. We've started going during the day sort of 10am - 3pm because it's pretty empty. The rest of Marlows is On-Leash only. Including the oval.

Edited by DaisyDog

There's some not so nice dogs at Marlows, my girl's been attacked a few times. We've started going during the day sort of 10am - 3pm because it's pretty empty. The rest of Marlows is On-Leash only. Including the oval.

DaisyDog, I also try and go during the 'off peak' times. My Dobe pup is quite nervous of strange dogs and acts like a bit of a dope at times and I don't want him upsetting/annoying some dog enough that it has a go at him. My little dogs are very confident and have no problems with other friendly dogs of any size but I do worry that a large dog could so easily kill them if it wanted to so I avoid the busy times. It makes it easier to keep a close eye on things.