Not Just Another Maremma

Tralee

Gorgeous. :D :D

How much does he weigh?

Hi teekay

Don't be deceived, they're all coat.

Winja is just under 50kg, Males can be 35 - 50

So he's heavy, but you can see the bone in his head; a beautiful head, he's a solid dog.

:)

His coat looks incredibly similar to my Jenna's although she is much smaller (20kgs), lots of people still ask me if she is a Maremma. On the one hand I'm impressed that they know about Maremmas (I didn't until recently, they are not a common breed) but on the other hand she is way to small to be a Maremma. Jenna is a crossbreed btw.

His coat looks incredibly similar to my Jenna's although she is much smaller (20kgs), ... but on the other hand she is way to small to be a Maremma. Jenna is a crossbreed btw.

Hi teekay

Jenna has a lot of Maremma in her.

20kg is not too small at all. Mal Boltons bitch was way below the standard size for a Maremma but still made Australian Champion.

I also have a puppyboy just a fraction under size.

Winja, by the way, is the the minimum size for a male.

:D

His coat looks incredibly similar to my Jenna's although she is much smaller (20kgs), ... but on the other hand she is way to small to be a Maremma. Jenna is a crossbreed btw.

Hi teekay

Jenna has a lot of Maremma in her.

20kg is not too small at all. Mal Boltons bitch was way below the standard size for a Maremma but still made Australian Champion.

I also have a puppyboy just a fraction under size.

Winja, by the way, is the the minimum size for a male.

I wouldn't like to see 20kg being an acceptable weight for Maremmas. They are supposed to be capable of guarding livestock and "dispatching" foxes and the like if need be - that gets a bit tricky if you only weigh 20kg.

I wouldn't like to see 20kg being an acceptable weight for Maremmas. They are supposed to be capable of guarding livestock and "dispatching" foxes and the like if need be - that gets a bit tricky if you only weigh 20kg.

Hi Ark

Yep 20kg is too small for a Maremma, but not for a pet crossbred.

I was none too happy when Mal's bitch was awarded over my girl.

Especially as below the standard weight is a criteria for disqualification.

More than one Maremma is needed to bring down a bear.

They work together and are formidable 'deceivers' in a pack, each taking a different tack.

Edit: grammer

Edited by pewithers