How Do You Get A Prefix In Nsw

redblazebordeaux

I had to put in 32 prefixes before I got one.....and i dont like it :D

I sent in 8 four times before they accepted one?!

Wow that's a lot!

I was lucky and got my first choice :)

But I did do a lot of google searching of certain names before I submitted mine.

I submitted 10, which was the requirement, then I had to submit another 20!! :D By that stage I was just making stuff up. Luckily I got the only name I actually liked from my second lot.

I'm SO glad I don't have to apply for another prefix for the forseeable future.

When I first applied back in 1986, we only had to submit 3 and the one I got was my second choice (which I HATED with a passion).....Truyank.

When I applied for my "own" prefix in 1996, I had to submit 5 and I got my first choice.....Ellz.

I think I'll cut my losses and stay with that....my imagination isn't as fertile as it once was and choosing any more would probably be the death of me! :)

I know people who only own male dogs and don't want to breed but exhibit under their prefix.

The form I submitted for my prefix had 5 spaces, I filled them all. But have known a few people who only put their first preference down.

I got my first choice (took me years to decide and many many hours of researching to try and find something that no one else had used). Other end of the scale is a friend who submitted 63 before one was approved!!!

Even if you have a prefix, you must have the kennels name registered as a business name to exhibit that way. I can't enter a dog under "Warley" even though that's my prefix, they must be entered under the personal name.

I exhibit a bitch who was bred by Argowan and is owned by Argowan Stud , she is able to be entered that way.

When I transfered my prefix into both mine and my sisters names, I asked if we could register the dogs etc as owned/exhibited by 'Blakngold kennels' rather than our names, but apparently it can't be done anymore, and those you see like that were done before the rule change (in Vic)

All my dogs are registered/ show entered under Ozstar Kennels and I am not a business.

SA stopped being able to use your prefix a while back but then bought it back again.

I was lucky with my prefix, only had to submit 3, Ozstar was my first choice and my 2 and 3 where different spelling of Ozstar.

Leanne

I think in Tasmania you only have to register a membership in the name of the kennel, ie Ellz Kennels and then nominate the signatory members. And I think each individual in the kennel membership has to hold at least an associate membership to be able to sign. Mostly for indemnity purposes I think.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showforum=7

It's on the main DOL forum webpage if you look hard enough..

When you get there check out these two topics. Lots of great info in them for newbie showies.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=163330 FAQ for newbies

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=171748 Hitting the Ring for the first time.

Edited by Keshwar