New Crate

Vader's mum

I went out and got kenobi a new crate today they pet stores had bugger all! I had to go with a large one which is 91cm (L), 61 cm (D) and 71cm(H) he looks tiny in it and I am now wondeering if I should have waited for a new one. We have had him penned off as his old crate was too small but now he's working out how to get out (dammed if I know how he is?!?) so I had to get one asap. Now I am regreting it it's massive do you think it's too big for a beagle? I just know OH probably wont be impressed when he sees this massive crate in our bedroom but Im not putting him back in his little one and I cant keep him in the pen.

I agree with minxy

What type of crate do you have? If it's a wire one, you might be able to buy a divider to make his crate space smaller.

Btw eBay has lots of cheap crates and carriers for your size, PM me if you want some seller recommendations.

I have read somewhere that if you buy a crate too big for a puppy it will be harder to housetrain.

If Kenobi is already house-trained, toilet-trained then it doesn't really matter if the crate is huge. Our doggies are now in large crates and they love them - they can roll around, get comfy, drag all their toys in there. If Kenobi's not yet house-trained then the 'swap' idea is a great one.