Sick Dogs

WildatHeart

If I had known last week about the dog I'm sure I would have been able to convince them to take it to the vet but I wasnt told until too late.

It's not your fault, Wild, but they really have to find out what caused it before the other two die. A week of severe vomiting with no eating OR DRINKING - horrible. Just horrible.

Yes I'm going with the whole "your new dashchund puppy (which came from reputable breeder) will get the same thing as these two and you needy find out what it is".

Pers, they won't be getting any more dogs to replace them. That I know for a fact

Edited by WildatHeart

update about symptoms. Dog was drinking excessively, vomit was watery and they weren't too sure about the stools but think it was normal looking but runny, just little squirts. Dog was slightly shaking.

Sounding even better for anti-freeze. Is there a space in the yard where cars get worked on. Has the shed been checked thoroughly.

Its pretty gobsmacking that a dog that sick didn't get to a vet. They may not be out of the woods with it yet.

I agree but it doesn't sound like it really matters to owners who treat their dogs like that.

I totally agree with you but Wild might be able to convince them. She obviously doesnt agree with what they did either.

If I had known last week about the dog I'm sure I would have been able to convince them to take it to the vet but I wasnt told until too late.

Golden, I know this sounds tuff but most farm dogs will never ever see a vet. This is not an excuse for these people as the dogs were in town but the mentality stays the same for them. Before they took the dogs away (they were kept were I'm living for most of the year, I would slip wormers and flea treatment into them myself

Im sorry but I don't really think this is true as a general rule unless they are crap working dogs.

A farmer knows the value of a good working dog. And a good working dog can't quickly be replaced.

I've worked in mixed practice and I would working dogs on the farm received veterinary attention when required in most cases. Sure they were not vaccinated regularly, but if there was an injury or illness medical treament was usually sought

Poor dogs. I don't think there will bea definitive answer without a pm on the dog/s.

Some options are - lead poisoning, toxic chemicals in the shed, toxic chemicals in the ground. Presuming the dogs were vac (though probably not) not parvo. Severe gut infection for eating something on the property, ate too many sultanas or chocolate.

Short answer? I have NFI and neither does anyone else. All we can do is put up suggestions, and maybe if someone wants to check the symptoms for some of the likely causes, it may bring you closer to the answer/