Kyneton Agricultural Society

Blakbelgian

We shall be there :)

Love the 10am start but still wise to get there as early as possible to get a spot!

I will have to pop over from ring one and say hello....what will you be wearing?

Not sure ATM lol. But my polar fleece has my prefix on it :(

We have Border Terriers and a sable and white collie smooth and will be with a black & white Lowchen so not hard to miss :) easier for you to spot us than trying to workout who is who in the pugs :)

Can't even tell you which ring we will be at yet.

LOL too hot for a polar fleece, but I saw you in the gazebo near my car....I was going to say hello after Pugs but by that time I was hot and shitty cos it was hot and I am all sunburnt. And to think in the winter Qld was looking good...no way!.

Lol next time! How did you go?

I was so cranky this morning when we rocked up at 8 and there was really nowhere for the gazebo- honestly as much as I love this show I don't know if I'll be back next year, it was ridiculous how crowded it was, there used to be gazebo space between the rings???!!! And to have cars etc parked behind 1 row of gazebos was crappy. Dangerous, unfair and annoying for those who got there early and wanted to leave early!

Definitely agree they are giving us less and less space.....

Obs I didn't watch Group 5 specials but the blue Sheltie with the large black patch (sorry crappy description lol) got I think Aus bred in group, maybe RUIG?

I was a LOSER which prolly added to the shittyness....but i havent shown for ages cos the last time I went down the park I bought home Kennel Cough which went through everyone.

I tried to look for Lilli, but I dont think she was there....but I did see an adult Pyreneese and a baby in a Van with a blonde lady and thought Ooooh is that a DOLer lol.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done BBJ on the best of breed :-)

My little girl Tori won a 9pt challenge being her second week out of baby puppy so i was very pleased :-)

I arrived about 8:30am and drove up near group 1, plonked my stuff out of my car, put up a brolley and people had kindly made a walkway between the gazebo's straight to the ring for me. Cant get much better than that!

We shall be there :eek:

Love the 10am start but still wise to get there as early as possible to get a spot!

I will have to pop over from ring one and say hello....what will you be wearing?

Not sure ATM lol. But my polar fleece has my prefix on it :o

We have Border Terriers and a sable and white collie smooth and will be with a black & white Lowchen so not hard to miss :laugh: easier for you to spot us than trying to workout who is who in the pugs :eek:

LOL too hot for a polar fleece, but I saw you in the gazebo near my car....I was going to say hello after Pugs but by that time I was hot and shitty cos it was hot and I am all sunburnt. And to think in the winter Qld was looking good...no way!.

I was so cranky this morning when we rocked up at 8 and there was really nowhere for the gazebo- honestly as much as I love this show I don't know if I'll be back next year, it was ridiculous how crowded it was, there used to be gazebo space between the rings???!!! And to have cars etc parked behind 1 row of gazebos was crappy. Dangerous, unfair and annoying for those who got there early and wanted to leave early!

Obs I didn't watch Group 5 specials but the blue Sheltie with the large black patch (sorry crappy description lol) got I think Aus bred in group, maybe RUIG?

I totally agree though that each year is less and less room....last year was the same set out of rings but the years before that the rings were long ways which at least gave more room.

My little girl Tori won a 9pt challenge being her second week out of baby puppy so i was very pleased :-)

I arrived about 8:30am and drove up near group 1, plonked my stuff out of my car, put up a brolley and people had kindly made a walkway between the gazebo's straight to the ring for me. Cant get much better than that!

Unfortunately with a trailer and 5 dogs, 3 people it's not so easy. I think I need to downsize lol.

We shall be there :o

Not sure ATM lol. But my polar fleece has my prefix on it :eek:

We have Border Terriers and a sable and white collie smooth and will be with a black & white Lowchen so not hard to miss :laugh: easier for you to spot us than trying to workout who is who in the pugs :o

I was a LOSER which prolly added to the shittyness....but i havent shown for ages cos the last time I went down the park I bought home Kennel Cough which went through everyone.

I tried to look for Lilli, but I dont think she was there....but I did see an adult Pyreneese and a baby in a Van with a blonde lady and thought Ooooh is that a DOLer lol.

We were set up behind a DOLer..... Bullyfan I think? Kinda funny lol but worked out well with sharing gazebo walls!

Yeah we were losers too- I refer to it as giving the club a donation :eek: lol.

Well, Nessa the collie got challenge and rubob so not total losers but my terriers were 2nd out of 2 (personal achievement though and and was lurvely on the table yay gotta love the 'teenage' years ;) ) and the other was the only one in her class so automatically 1st. Oh well. Always another show!

Thank you DOL'ers for a lovely day. It was beautiful weather and a small brag, my Gizzimodo (The griff) got Junior in Group 1!! What a thrill!!

It's always nice to put faces to these profiles and today I met three more of you, thanks for the company. :laugh: Yes that was me Spikes Puppy. I have to say the wolfhound bombed out today and so did my bullies so it wasn't all great, but that's showing!!

Entourage, hope you found some moths!! lol

Edited by bullyfan

Thank you DOL'ers for a lovely day. It was beautiful weather and a small brag, my Gizzimodo (The griff) got Junior in Group 1!! What a thrill!!

It's always nice to put faces to these profiles and today I met three more of you, thanks for the company. :laugh: Yes that was me Spikes Puppy. I have to say the wolfhound bombed out today and so did my bullies so it wasn't all great, but that's showing!!

Well done. I missed watching Junior runoff as I was getting Mon ready. Yay ;) Go the black and tan's. :eek::o:eek::o

For us we arrived early. :laugh::eek::o:eek::o ;)

Got the car close to ring 1 and the toilet. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer::eat:

BUT if we had of put up the gazebo we would have been behind a row of gazebo's and TWO rows off cars.

Lucky a friend had put up hers and we shared and was a small amount of space between hers and the next one which we overflowed into.

Must say what was mowed was nice.

BBJ ... well done on your BOB today .... nice win !!!!!!!!!! :laugh::eek:

X2... awesome result BBJ :eek:

Congrats on the challenge.

Unfortunately with a trailer and 5 dogs, 3 people it's not so easy. I think I need to downsize lol.

I'm sorry :o I fail at life... but we did fit in well with the loser squad you have to admit :o LOL

2 dogs and 1 adult and 1 child here, after a few years showing dogs and knowing what certain venues are going to be like, i try to keep it as simple as possible! I was doing 4 dogs per show a little while ago, dog trailer and all, im over that now LOL. I know its hard when you have large dogs and you do need a trailer or large van, but i refuse to get up at 4am to get to a show at 6 or 7am when the show starts at 10am. I want to enjoy my day not sit there grumpy and tired. I love my gazebo, but i forgot how a couple of umbrellas can be quite sufficient on a nice day :-)

The secretary's caravan could of been brought forward and then alot of people could of put their gazeebos etc behind it. Awful lot of space to have cleared when people are so crowded.

Now i know your call name on here bullyfan :-p

Bloody moths, im sick of my son catching them, its creeping me out! he tried catching some of the colourful grasshoppers/locusts? but they were way too fast for him, and for me!

2 more years and i can turn his attentions onto showing a dog instead!

Hey well done on the Junior in group! i missed that! :-)

Edited by Entourage

Gah.. I missed this until someone reposted it.. silly me.

Huge congrats for Gizzimodo.... although it's easy to see why :eek:

Was lovely to meet you properly :o

2 dogs and 1 adult and 1 child here, after a few years showing dogs and knowing what certain venues are going to be like, i try to keep it as simple as possible! I was doing 4 dogs per show a little while ago, dog trailer and all, im over that now LOL. I know its hard when you have large dogs and you do need a trailer or large van, but i refuse to get up at 4am to get to a show at 6 or 7am when the show starts at 10am. I want to enjoy my day not sit there grumpy and tired. I love my gazebo, but i forgot how a couple of umbrellas can be quite sufficient on a nice day :-)

The secretary's caravan could of been brought forward and then alot of people could of put their gazeebos etc behind it. Awful lot of space to have cleared when people are so crowded.

This was our 5th Kyneton Ag Show and it's jut disappointing that the space keeps shrinking every year. We knew we had to get there early (I even posted about it lmao) but left later than planned. And I agree with you, I won't get up at a ridiculous hour just to get a good spot at a show etc but it was more the unfairness of today's setup. Dunno who's fault it is, but immguessing the Ag society makes the rules. Could probably take less stuff lmao but I like my doggies to be comfortable (the 3 Borders in the trolley gets a bit much in warmer weather so bring the c-crate for them) and as we go with LotG, we need both our trolleys so we can groom at the same time, then the 3 chairs, the jumbo soft crate (collies like to stretch :laugh: and again, warmer weather so nor fair to cramp her up) table for our lunch- it all adds up lol.

And I don't know if an umbrella and crates, chairs etc actually take up leas apace than a small gazebo really- but you do have the advantage of being able to set up in a funny shape :eek:

I'm just not sure why people needed to have their cars right at the ring? It meant people couldn't set up behind them really or thy ended up being blocke in..... Not very smart IMO.

Otherwise it was a great day :o I do love Kyneton Ag. It's a special show :eek:

COngrats to all the winners and commiserations to the "looseers" I was a looser too.

Only got Res dog (to his brother) Res chall bitch (to her Aunty?) and baby of breed over some tough competion.

I got to the grounds about 8:15am and surprised at how many were already there.

Horse trailers took up too much room as they had lots of space between each one.

One person set up near me commented that due to the parking at the back of group 7 that IF some one had an emergancy & had to leave

in a hurry they couldn't due to the way the cars were parked.

A BIG thank you to those were generously gave up some time to rake the rings of the freshly mowed rings.

BB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CaptainCourageous
baby Was a St Pdle a nice silver one sorry no number.

Can anyone advise whether Mr G Robertson's Marechal Platinum Sky won Baby In Group?

CC