Just A Little Help, Pretty Please.....

Beth.

I know this has been done sooo many times, but i've researched, and researched some more - read old posts and I think i'm even wore confused!!!

So, as a birthday/christmas/end of uni for the year (passing a really hard year), my parents, and brother/sister are putting in for a DSLR :mad:laugh::):shrug: (I'm a little excited - hopefully within the next 2 weeks!!!!!!).

So - the big question - what camera to get - I'm focused on getting a Canon - i've been to the shops and played around with a few brands, and canon seems to feel the best!!

I have around the $1000-$1200 to spend...

I'm leaning towards the Canon 550D. The think i'm most curious about is, I hear of alot of people upgrading, but I won't have the money to for at least 2 years - would the Canon 550D be suitable for someone who is pretty much starting out (although i'm pretty cluey with technology so should be okay). It'll mainly be photos of Lottie and other dogs, so I'd like a good camera for action shots...

Ok, well I think thats all, if anyone has any recommendations/suggestions or if you think the canon 550D would suit i'd love to hear!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Guest belgian.blue

Canon 550D user here and I say go with it.

AWESOME camera!

All of the photos below .. except the one in the middle .. are taken with the 550D :mad

Edited by belgian.blue

AWESOME camera!

All of the photos below .. except the one in the middle .. are taken with the 550D :laugh:

Thanks BB - They are gorgeous photos... I think I might stick with the 550D..... :mad:) And a lot has to do with the lenses anyway right?? So I can just keep upgrading to better lenses as I go??

AWESOME camera!

All of the photos below .. except the one in the middle .. are taken with the 550D :rofl:

Thanks BB - They are gorgeous photos... I think I might stick with the 550D..... :rainbowbridge::rofl: And a lot has to do with the lenses anyway right?? So I can just keep upgrading to better lenses as I go??

Correct :laugh: Good luck.

Guest belgian.blue

I took some great people photos today with the 550D, just about to put them on the laptop.

Will post some if they are good but they look great on the camera!