Oh Poop

Guest english.ivy

Guest belgian.blue

I put my camera battery on charge, put my camera away and left the neck strap hanging down. Went to put some clothes away and the neck strap got tangled and the camera came flying out and bang to the carpeted floor :thumbsup:

It had my 50 1.8 lens on it and the front of the lens has broken off, tried camera with battery back in another lens .. camera is fine - phew!!

Is the lens screwed?

Bought that lens separately to the camera so don't think it is covered my warranty, need to check the receipt.

Damn damn damn damn damn.

Oh no, it's so easy to do. :thumbsup: If the lens has broken off the camera do you mean part is still stuck onto the camera? Be careful getting it off if that's the case. Dont immediately chuck the lens either, I've heard stories of peoples nifty fiftys being dropped and they can put them back together again.

good luck

Guest belgian.blue

There is a place near work that does free camera quotes and it has carefully been placed away, both pieces.

Hopefully a fix isn't too much or I will just count my losses :)

Just so very happy the body wasn't damaged! That is all that matters I guess but I defiantly won't be doing any more dropping., learnt my lesson for sure :mad

Guest belgian.blue
Belgian.blue, my Dad had his camera fixed at a little camera repair place above a Vietnamese bakery down near Pier street. They were pretty good if I recall correctly.

Oooo that place I've seen is on the corner of Pier and Hay St, upstairs above some dining place, sounds like its the same place! As I think there is a bakery on the corner! Will defiantly take it in Tuesday.

Wish my nifty fifty good luck.

Also - if you have contents insurance - you can probably make an accidental damage claim. Given how much lenses cost - would be worth the excess.

My insurance excess with contents and building insurance - I think is around $200 - so maybe not worth it but when I was renting and it was just contents insurance - the excess was lower $100 - so worth it then.

Guest belgian.blue
Also - if you have contents insurance - you can probably make an accidental damage claim. Given how much lenses cost - would be worth the excess.

My insurance excess with contents and building insurance - I think is around $200 - so maybe not worth it but when I was renting and it was just contents insurance - the excess was lower $100 - so worth it then.

No insurance. The lens was cheap, only $150ish.

Used the canon a lot this afternoon so it defiantly wasn't harmed from the drop!