Dog Transport Options

FranVT

Hi all!

I'm in a bit of a minor pickle.

I am sending little miss Luuka to her breeder (Watersedge in the Gold Coast hinterlands) for the time that I'm away in December. My plan originally was to drive her there on my way but I really don't have time. I need to stay as far west as possible, no further east than Toowoomba, in order to get to Adelaide in time. So I decided to use JetPets to fly her to Bris and drive her to Watersedge. The problem is that they don't operate (freight I mean) on weekends and Luuka's breeder works full time. There will be someone home but her breeder would like to be there so she can make sure Luuka isn't overwhelmed by the other dogs (reasonable).

So basically what I'm wondering is, are there ROAD transport people who can take Luuka from either Toowoomba or Imbil (sunshine coast where I'm staying the first night with bertie) to the Gold Coast and drop her off on the weekend or at a specific time?

Just wanted to get some of the amazing brainstorming power of DOL!

Thanks guys.

Fran you could contact Wayrod who is a member on here and ask if he has any suggestions. He does dog transport and Ella flew from Perth to Adelaide on a weekend. I highly recommend him and if he can't help himself he may be able to give you some ideas ;)

I'm not sure if they cover the areas you were discussing but our breeder sent Hoover to us by road (Kempsey to Sydney) using Dog Movers (http://www.dogmovers.com.au); Phone: 07 5530 2710; Mobile: 0418 775456

They were really great and they take the dogs out regularly for feeding and a bit of fresh air. From Sydney, they used a different company - "Pets 2 U" (http://www.pets2u.com.au). Hoover arrived in very good shape and the driver was clearly a dog lover. I googled and double-checked on DOL before we agreed to use both companies to make sure there were no horror stories about them and the only feedback for both was very positive. Hope that helps!

Edited by koalathebear

Fran you could contact Wayrod who is a member on here and ask if he has any suggestions. He does dog transport and Ella flew from Perth to Adelaide on a weekend. I highly recommend him and if he can't help himself he may be able to give you some ideas ;)

Thanks love! Shall do!

I'm not sure if they cover the areas you were discussing but our breeder sent Hoover to us by road (Kempsey to Sydney) using Dog Movers (http://www.dogmovers.com.au); Phone: 07 5530 2710; Mobile: 0418 775456

They were really great and they take the dogs out regularly for feeding and a bit of fresh air. From Sydney, they used a different company - "Pets 2 U" (http://www.pets2u.com.au). Hoover arrived in very good shape and the driver was clearly a dog lover. I googled and double-checked on DOL before we agreed to use both companies to make sure there were no horror stories about them and the only feedback for both was very positive. Hope that helps!

Fantastic! Will check them out!

What date is this happening Fran?

I will be leaving Rockhampton on the 2nd of December. So if I'm flying her it has to be before then. But if she's coming with me, we'll be driving to Imbil and arriving around 7pm I estimate. Then I'm on to Toowoomba-->Narrabri the next day :vomit:

Dogmovers are awesome! $240 to go all the way from Rocky to the Gold Coast in a special air conditioned van! :vomit: I reckon that is the way to go!

Yes - I think I'd be more comfortable with road transport than air. Not a bad price either really.

They seemed embarrassed about the price but I think that's a bloody bargain! ;)

hey seemed embarrassed about the price but I think that's a bloody bargain! ;)

They were great! Very organised. What is hilarious is that for Kempsey, the pick-up point is late one evening in the parking lot of the Kempsey McDonalds!!! :vomit: Then in Canberra, the drop-off point was at the parking lot of Canberra Veterinary Hospital. We felt like we were there for a drug drop until the guy held up our little red and tan monster :vomit:

Good luck with the transport! :vomit:

Dogmovers are awesome! $240 to go all the way from Rocky to the Gold Coast in a special air conditioned van! :) I reckon that is the way to go!

Yes - I think I'd be more comfortable with road transport than air. Not a bad price either really.

I used dogmovers when I got Lottie as well - very very happy with the service!!! Regular stops, lovely guy and Lottie was sound asleep streched out (in the very nice and cool aircon) when I picked her up, wasn't stressed and was very happy when I got her!!!!! And very easy on the $$ too!!!! Recommend them highly :mad

hey seemed embarrassed about the price but I think that's a bloody bargain! :)

They were great! Very organised. What is hilarious is that for Kempsey, the pick-up point is late one evening in the parking lot of the Kempsey McDonalds!!! :rofl: Then in Canberra, the drop-off point was at the parking lot of Canberra Veterinary Hospital. We felt like we were there for a drug drop until the guy held up our little red and tan monster :mad

Good luck with the transport! :p

:) :p :p - that was the same with us!!! Drop off at a Maccas and pick up infront of a big sports shop in the parking lot - I tell you what, that half an hour waiting for the van to arrive was the longest half an hour EVER!!!!!

that was the same with us!!! Drop off at a Maccas and pick up infront of a big sports shop in the parking lot - I tell you what, that half an hour waiting for the van to arrive was the longest half an hour EVER!!!!!

Yes! I suppose that for some of the more remote locations, the Maccas is like a landmark or something. :) The van was on time but we seemed to be waiting forever ...! We felt like goofy, expectant parents standing in the carpark of the Vet hospital like that :rofl: The driver didn't seem to want to say goodbye to Hoover, kept patting him and cuddling him :mad

that was the same with us!!! Drop off at a Maccas and pick up infront of a big sports shop in the parking lot - I tell you what, that half an hour waiting for the van to arrive was the longest half an hour EVER!!!!!

Yes! I suppose that for some of the more remote locations, the Maccas is like a landmark or something. :) The van was on time but we seemed to be waiting forever ...! We felt like goofy, expectant parents standing in the carpark of the Vet hospital like that :) The driver didn't seem to want to say goodbye to Hoover, kept patting him and cuddling him :mad

Oh I was the same - I got there about an hour early :rofl: , went and bought so toys and a clam shell... and was ridicously exited, hehehe!!!!