Under Cover Pet Shop Assistant On Today Tonight?

Shmurps

Has anyone seen an ad for Friday's Today Tonight about an under cover pet shop assistant?

Apparently this woman has been collecting video evidence for three years.

Only just caught the tail end of the ad.

Guess we will just have to wait and see if it goes to air....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hat off to Jacqueline Dalziel, great job. Should be compulsory viewing for the population, I'm constantly explaining to people why petshops are so bad.

As for the Petshop's suggestion that this should be the only way to sell animals - don't make me vomit, it should be ILLEGAL, full stop. :laugh:

Edited by dogmad

Hat off to Jacqueline Dalziel, great job. Should be compulsory viewing for the population, I'm constantly explaining to people why petshops are so bad.

As for the Petshop's suggestion that this should be the only way to sell animals - don't make me vomit, it should be ILLEGAL, full stop. :laugh:

I actually had to rewind and play again to make sure I heard him right. What an absolute tool. Anyone who could actually believe that must have something wrong with them.

I like to hope this may be the catalyst for some change... at the very least, it might reach some of the population and change their views on buying pets in pet stores. We need to flood Today Tonight with the horror stories we have seen in pet stores, keep them on it. It needs to be stopped.

Massive applause to the undercover woman who infiltrated the pet store. Sometimes one person can make a difference... or put it on the table anyway.

I thought it was very well done by the young assistant, being the only one to get this footage :laugh: I was disappointed that the only option given was save a dog from the pound.....a reputable registered breeder and where to find one would have been great.

I have only just cooled down from ranting about it.

That guy who said that Pet shops are ''essential to stopping dodgy deals'' ..I'm sorry but I consider Pet shops selling animals as dodgy a deal as selling them from a car boot or in the news paper or on a site like Gumtree :o .

Huge applaud going to Jacqueline Dalziel for actually going in there and getting the footage and information.

Still would have liked to have heard it mentioned that getting pups from a Reputable, registered breeder who CARES where their pups end up, or from a breed specific or general rescue is the best way to go.

I literally teared up watching that :laugh: Hearing that those pups get 20 minutes if they are lucky of exercise.

I refuse to give Pet Shops my custom. They are the very last place I will go to get something for Brennan. I simply do not want to support them, and I do not want to give my dog something that was bought from a place which sells animals.

I think it must be a pre-requisite to be a "dickhead" if you want to be the Director of the PIAA.

We have the current PIAA dickhead stating on national television tonight "I would like to see that people can only buy dogs from pet shops and particularly from PIAA stores." :thumbsup: and back on 30/3/10 during the 7.30 Report Expose On Dd Puppy Farms we had the previous PIAA dickhead not only supporting puppyfarmers but he also said that "no dogs purchased from petshops end up in shelters" :birthday: . WTF is it with the idiotic organisation :rofl:

I think it must be a pre-requisite to be a "dickhead" if you want to be the Director of the PIAA.

We have the current PIAA dickhead stating on national television tonight "I would like to see that people can only buy dogs from pet shops and particularly from PIAA stores." :thumbsup: and back on 30/3/10 during the 7.30 Report Expose On Dd Puppy Farms we had the previous PIAA dickhead not only supporting puppyfarmers but he also said that "no dogs purchased from petshops end up in shelters" :birthday: . WTF is it with the idiotic organisation :rofl:

He does the same thing on the 7pm report on Puppy Farmers.....does he have his eyes closed when he takes delivery of the puppies for his shop.... http://www.oscarslaw.org/index.php

I thought it was very well done by the young assistant, being the only one to get this footage :thumbsup: I was disappointed that the only option given was save a dog from the pound.....a reputable registered breeder and where to find one would have been great.

Shazzapug ... animal liberationists like Ms Dalziell dont want people to buy dogs from registered breeders - registered breeders are on the same hit list as pet shops.

To be eliminated.

Souff

I thought it was very well done by the young assistant, being the only one to get this footage :thumbsup: I was disappointed that the only option given was save a dog from the pound.....a reputable registered breeder and where to find one would have been great.

Shazzapug ... animal liberationists like Ms Dalziell dont want people to buy dogs from registered breeders - registered breeders are on the same hit list as pet shops.

To be eliminated.

Souff

Yes I realised this....if you watch the link in my other post the RSPCA's rep comments do reccommend reputable registered breeders as other option. :birthday:

I thought it was very well done by the young assistant, being the only one to get this footage :) I was disappointed that the only option given was save a dog from the pound.....a reputable registered breeder and where to find one would have been great.

That is the only option if you are an animal rights person. You guys need to know who you are supporting.

Animal rights hero syndrome = no more domestic animals slavery = no more dog breeders = no more dogs.

Only dogs that can be recommended by any self respecting animal rights hero are dogs at the animal shelter. When the last dog is born, mission complete.

Now you can start on stopping people from having having children = no more humans = world a better place.

Easy enough to understand.

Be Green Go Veg !!!

I refuse to give Pet Shops my custom. They are the very last place I will go to get something for Brennan. I simply do not want to support them, and I do not want to give my dog something that was bought from a place which sells animals.

The best way to stop pet shops from selling puppies is to tell them you will not shop there because they sell pups (this can include every pet shop you can find that sells pups and you can notify them by letter).

Then find a pet shop that does not sell pups and tell them you will shop there because they do not sell pups.

Then tell everyone you know where to shop and where not to shop and why and ask them to do the same with their friends.

If all the energy was spent on promoting the boycotting pet shops that sell pups instead of supporting radical animal rights groups who want the end of all pet ownership, there would likely not be any pets shops selling pups in this country.

For example of how this works, these biggest pet shop chains across the US no longer sell puppies due to public boycotting to changed their policy and no longer sell pups.

PETCO, PetSmart, Pet Supplies Plus and other larger retailers, and a huge number of small private shops others.

We have the current PIAA dickhead stating on national television tonight "I would like to see that people can only buy dogs from pet shops and particularly from PIAA stores." :) and back on 30/3/10 during the 7.30 Report Expose On Dd Puppy Farms we had the previous PIAA dickhead not only supporting puppyfarmers but he also said that "no dogs purchased from petshops end up in shelters" :mad . WTF is it with the idiotic organisation :rofl:

Then where do the 250,000 destroyed/dumped puppies every year (according to the TT article) come from?? Certainly isn't registered breeders (even if 100% of puppies purchased from ANKC breeders were dumped it still doesn't make up even half of that figure!).

Illjust keep on plugging the benefits of buying from a reputable & ethical breeder thank you.

I agree with Souff, registered breeders are on the same hit list as pet shops so be very careful where you put your allegiances!!!

I don't like puppies being sold in shopping centres any more than the next person but I also don't like people misrepresenting themselves especially Animal Libers. If they have an issue then they should be brave enough to declare themselves and their motives up front.

I thought it confusing to hear the Animal Lib woman say words to the effect of - don't buy a dog from Petshops because Petshops are irresponsible, uncaring and in it only for the money ....but you should get your dog from the pound!!!

I'm confused?????????

Depending on getting a dog from a pound is just the same as getting the same petshop dog only it is older!!! This does absolutely nothing to solve the problem of unwanted dogs!

So who do you think will be next on their agenda???

The immediate problem I saw was that not all petshops were members of PIAA and therefore not all are governed by the PIAA Code of Practice but lets face it there are way more options for people to be able to buy a puppy if they really want one, not just from petshops. The problem petshops have is that they are very visable unlike the guy down the road that gives away his unwanted puppies at 6wks of age, unwormed, unimmunised etc. to friends who find 12 months down the track that they don't want a dog after all!!!