Thunderstorms

sheena

A friend of mine has a dog who used to get very scared and agitated during storms - digging at the carpet, drooling, very anxious - and she purchased a Thunder Coat for the dog. Well, after three times of wearing in during storms and it reducing the anxiety level greatly, now the dog just relaxes much more during storms even without the coat on!

Ok...so you've got me there....what is a Thunder Coat & how does it work :rolleyes:

My maltese is definitely afraid of thunder and any loud noises (like fireworks, etc.). During the rainy season, especially at night, we keep the television open on a loud volume to somewhat muffle the sound. Oh and she's scared of the sudden light that shows up in a dark room too so we keep one light open for her. Seems to work, she sleeps after a while.

A friend of mine has a dog who used to get very scared and agitated during storms - digging at the carpet, drooling, very anxious - and she purchased a Thunder Coat for the dog. Well, after three times of wearing in during storms and it reducing the anxiety level greatly, now the dog just relaxes much more during storms even without the coat on!

Ok...so you've got me there....what is a Thunder Coat & how does it work :heart:

Google "Thunder shirt" and you'll find it... I know of another user on here who swears by it for just generally calming their dog in situations which normally agitate her! :D

My maltese is definitely afraid of thunder and any loud noises (like fireworks, etc.). During the rainy season, especially at night, we keep the television open on a loud volume to somewhat muffle the sound. Oh and she's scared of the sudden light that shows up in a dark room too so we keep one light open for her. Seems to work, she sleeps after a while.

My previous wheaten wasn't afraid of storms. We used to live five minutes away from a railway yard so we were used to loud crashing and banging at all hours of the day or night so he just ignored the noise. He was completely fascinated by lightning, though, and used to sit up on my bed and watch it as if he was glued to a screen. It was very funny.

Ok...so you've got me there....what is a Thunder Coat & how does it work :confused:

Google "Thunder shirt" and you'll find it... I know of another user on here who swears by it for just generally calming their dog in situations which normally agitate her! :D

Thanks for that...I have got this on order ...Calming Cap. Has anyone ever used one of these on a stressed dog?

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...p;ParentCat=449

Ok...so you've got me there....what is a Thunder Coat & how does it work :confused:

Thanks for that...I have got this on order ...Calming Cap. Has anyone ever used one of these on a stressed dog?

http://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...p;ParentCat=449

Never heard of the cap but the shirts work on dogs that are frightened. A kids T-shirt works as well. No idea if any of it would just work on an excited dog but they probably would.