November Kepala Meet!

pip1981

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all :shrug: I think I'll add my tribe to the list again; I thought I missed this months ;) Not sure who will come yet but maybe 4 or 5 Rotties :D I have my Oztrail in the van which can be used for shelter if needed tomorrow :mad I'll go to training first so it will probably be just before lunch by the time I get there though.

It's been really wet here in Sunbury today; so much so that there is now a swimming pool out the front of the clubrooms at dog club :) Needless to say the only dogs at training today were us clever Rottie owners :laugh: but they all had a ball playing in the puddles!!!

I knew there was a reason why I was going to leave Zeph with you last night ;)

Bugger, we cannot make it as we have visitors coming for lunch, and they are bringing it :p Something to do with impending birthdays :)

Have a great time and looking forward to photos

We had a fantastic day, and we all managed to avoid any rain, although if Dexter liked you, you didn't avoid getting wet...LOL :rainbowbridge:

It was actually warmer than most of us expected, I wore a jumper, and brought a raincoat in case, but ended up in my t-shirt all day, was quite muggy.

Glad it seemed everyone else had a good time, it was great to see most of the regulars and it was lovely to meet Linda, her OH, her sister and of course Arnie, Lola and Soko, what little cuties!

My two are resting now. Tiki's a little sore and sooky, but has had some anti-inflammatories, so she should be sleeping peacefully soon, poor baby. Dakota seems to have recovered from her pig's ear choking incident, will just have to keep an eye out in case she can't digest the huge piece she swallowed, silly duffa! Thanks again misha&milo for helping me, oh, and for cooking lunch!!!

A few of us made an executive decision today, to put all the kitty money we have raised throughout the year towards a Christmas/Thank-you gift for Kepala for all their hospitality. I believe LM suggested we purchase a Kepala Meet Calender for them, and we loved the idea! We have $40 to spend, so whatever money is left over will just go towards some choccies or something that the staff can share.

I have also booked in the second Sunday of every month for our meets next year, and the staff member at the desk said if we need to change any bookings we can. So if anyone thinks of any major events that would mean only a very small group might attend, let me know, and we can take a poll. We will take a poll for Mother's Day in the lead up to May next year.

One more thing- There will be details about a doggie Secret Santa/Kris Kringle in a December meet thread :rofl:

Rottisliebe, might have a chat to you about the Sunbury Club, might be joining late next year after I move to Riddells.

I go to Sunbury as Well but have not been for 3 months. I had better get my but back in gear and turn up again.

I'm going to start there next year - as this year is almost over. :laugh:

Miss Alexis will be able to show off her pretty face. :rainbowbridge:

:rofl: I actually managed to get sunburnt today!

:laugh: How did you manage that!

Was a good day, I am glad I turned up around lunch time with Shaun, and glad I went home to grab the Pointers. :rofl:

Had a great day, however I think some owners need to take a little more responsibilty for their dogs. I had to carry my dog in my arms out of one of the activity areas today because a couple of dogs were being very dominant standing over him and growling at him.

In a pack as large as the one we run at Kepala, fights can easily break out and I was dissapointed and suprised that the owners of these dogs did nothing to control their dogs offlead in this situation which could have easily broken out into a pack fight if I hadn't of removed my dog from the area.

Other than that, a great day all round as usual.

Had a great day, however I think some owners need to take a little more responsibilty for their dogs. I had to carry my dog in my arms out of one of the activity areas today because a couple of dogs were being very dominant standing over him and growling at him.

In a pack as large as the one we run at Kepala, fights can easily break out and I was dissapointed and suprised that the owners of these dogs did nothing to control their dogs offlead in this situation which could have easily broken out into a pack fight if I hadn't of removed my dog from the area.

Groupfive - apologies if that was Bear or Sohvi, we usually keep a very close eye on them but sometimes we are momentarily distracted. At one point today i did rescue another (smaller) dog as Bear's version of playtime was a bit full on -sorry if I missed you (I don't recall it, but I never know!!)

Groupfive - apologies if that was Bear or Sohvi, we usually keep a very close eye on them but sometimes we are momentarily distracted. At one point today i did rescue another (smaller) dog as Bear's version of playtime was a bit full on -sorry if I missed you (I don't recall it, but I never know!!)

No it wasnt your dogs :rainbowbridge:

Im not going to name names, I dont think thats fair. All of the dogs at Kepala are fantastic dogs and I wasnt going to say anything but I just think people need to be a little more aware of their dogs when we are running them in a VERY large pack.

No it wasnt your dogs :rofl:

Im not going to name names, I dont think thats fair. All of the dogs at Kepala are fantastic dogs and I wasnt going to say anything but I just think people need to be a little more aware of their dogs when we are running them in a VERY large pack.

No - I was only worried it was my lot and I'd missed it!! :rainbowbridge:

They're all sleeping now nicely - I love Kepala days!