Care Packages For Our Troops Puppies

mackenzie11

My sister has taken the idea/info to Dreamworld staff and she is going to collect donations and make up as many boxes as she can with them.

I'd rather spend money on this than for Christmas presents for family and friends!

that is wonderful, tell her thanks very much from me,

when i first had the idea to post this on here i did not think i would get such a huge response, but people are so wonderful, i understand that money is tight what with interest rates, water bills and electricity bills and the such, but for people to take a few bucks and buy treats for strangers so that they may have a good xmas is so wonderful

I hope you all have a very merry christmas and a great new year :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to do the same thing but live in New Zealand! How do i go about checking to see if there are any dogs/handlers from New Zealand on duty over there? :D If theres not I would love to send one for the Australian troops lol I live in N.Z but was born in Aussie

I called in to my local pet shop (they don't sell animals) today, and mentioned to the owner, whilst looking around, what we were doing.

He thought it was a great idea and promptly sold me a bag of chicken feet and roo sticks for his wholesale price.

So maybe mention it to businesses that you patronise and they may come to the party too.

Trish

I would love to do the same thing but live in New Zealand! How do i go about checking to see if there are any dogs/handlers from New Zealand on duty over there? :confused: If theres not I would love to send one for the Australian troops lol I live in N.Z but was born in Aussie

i have no idea how you would go about finding out that information sorry, unless you ask someone in your local parliment if they have the same "care package" scheme running.

I called in to my local pet shop (they don't sell animals) today, and mentioned to the owner, whilst looking around, what we were doing.

He thought it was a great idea and promptly sold me a bag of chicken feet and roo sticks for his wholesale price.

So maybe mention it to businesses that you patronise and they may come to the party too.

Trish

well done :confused: , never thought to do the dogs will love munching on those

You are all doing a fantastic job and believe me, the soldiers & their dogs will appreciate your efforts in more ways than one could imagine.

When my OH was over there recently his first top 7 choices for every care package were;

Coffee, Flavoured Teas like Chai, Vegemite, packet soups - in winter, packet drinks like tang & refresh, Allens snakes and peppermints.

So these 7 things went in almost every package but I did have to buy him minus 15deg socks to keep feet warm in the extreme cold conditions over winter.

Usually the blokes (and girls) will open their packages then share everything in them with each other.

Another exciting thing you could send is a recent Australian newspaper so they can catch up on news from home... many soldiers whose families do not send anything, love to read a news article from home. Although on saying this, most have access to computers so they read news on there.

Edited to add from OH - M&M's & can openers are issued in ration packs, but he says ANZAC bickies (or any bickies for that matter) are popular as they share them with each other over a coffee and potatoe chips are also popular as they can only get American Pringles which he says are not the same as chips from home.

From a soldiers wife to you all, THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

Michelle

i sent over anzac biscuits in all 3 of my boxes plus tang satches, among other things, so am glad these things are very welcome,

are we able to send these packages all yr round or can we only do it at christmas???

Hi MacKenzie11,

People can do this all year round, to the same address's. I think it is extra special at Christmans as this is when most really miss their families.

Cheers

Michelle

I would love to do the same thing but live in New Zealand! How do i go about checking to see if there are any dogs/handlers from New Zealand on duty over there? :rasberry: If theres not I would love to send one for the Australian troops lol I live in N.Z but was born in Aussie

Hi kemah,

You sure do have kiwi dog handlers over there (well you did last year) and you also have the free postal service to your troops the same as Australia (just not sure what weight you are limited to in NZ) I know this as my nephew was in Iraq over Xmas last year and some of my family live in NZ who sent him a parcel often.

A great thing to do!

Cheers

Michelle

You are all doing a fantastic job and believe me, the soldiers & their dogs will appreciate your efforts in more ways than one could imagine.

When my OH was over there recently his first top 7 choices for every care package were;

Coffee, Flavoured Teas like Chai, Vegemite, packet soups - in winter, packet drinks like tang & refresh, Allens snakes and peppermints.

So these 7 things went in almost every package but I did have to buy him minus 15deg socks to keep feet warm in the extreme cold conditions over winter.

Usually the blokes (and girls) will open their packages then share everything in them with each other.

Another exciting thing you could send is a recent Australian newspaper so they can catch up on news from home... many soldiers whose families do not send anything, love to read a news article from home. Although on saying this, most have access to computers so they read news on there.

Edited to add from OH - M&M's & can openers are issued in ration packs, but he says ANZAC bickies (or any bickies for that matter) are popular as they share them with each other over a coffee and potatoe chips are also popular as they can only get American Pringles which he says are not the same as chips from home.

From a soldiers wife to you all, THANK YOU! :shrug:

Michelle

i sent over anzac biscuits in all 3 of my boxes plus tang satches, among other things, so am glad these things are very welcome,

are we able to send these packages all yr round or can we only do it at christmas???

Hi MacKenzie11,

People can do this all year round, to the same address's. I think it is extra special at Christmans as this is when most really miss their families.

Cheers

Michelle

I would love to do the same thing but live in New Zealand! How do i go about checking to see if there are any dogs/handlers from New Zealand on duty over there? :) If theres not I would love to send one for the Australian troops lol I live in N.Z but was born in Aussie

Hi kemah,

You sure do have kiwi dog handlers over there (well you did last year) and you also have the free postal service to your troops the same as Australia (just not sure what weight you are limited to in NZ) I know this as my nephew was in Iraq over Xmas last year and some of my family live in NZ who sent him a parcel often.

A great thing to do!

Cheers

Michelle

Thanks so much! i will ring around on monday and find how i go about getting involved from new zealand :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping to remind all that the parcels must be in Sydney by 2nd December. I posted my 3 today, wanted to put so much in them :)

A big :D to Pharmacy Online who sent me heaps of sample sizes when I mentioned what my order was for, things I could not have aforded otherwise.

:D

Bumping to remind all that the parcels must be in Sydney by 2nd December. I posted my 3 today, wanted to put so much in them :eek:

A big :o to Pharmacy Online who sent me heaps of sample sizes when I mentioned what my order was for, things I could not have aforded otherwise.

:eek:

well done, that is a wonderful idea with pharmacy online, it is great they wanted to help

i know what you mean about wanting to put so much in the packages, there is too many ideas of what to send.

hope you have a :laugh:

I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to every one who has gotten on board with this idea to send care packages to our troops this christmas.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

so many of people jumped on this and loads of packages are going to be sent over because of you guys, our troops are going to have a wonderful christmas because of the kindness of strangers.

you guys should all feel so very proud of yourselfs for this, it is an amazing response.

when you sit down this christmas to eat :eat: your christmas dinner you can feel happy that our troops are enjoying your treats and that they are greatful that someone, somewhere cares.

:ox millions and millions

Thanks again guys

Hope you all have a wonderful christmas and a wonderful and safe new year

:laugh: ;) :eek::o:eek:

I've just seen this. Will definately send some parcels off - a couple of dog ones and a few for the soldiers as well.

Edited to add - I presume its Ok with if we enclose a note?

yes it is fine to enclose a note, add a self addressed envelope and you will probly get a response from the solider chosen to have your care package, :eek:

I just got 8 boxes from the post office. Luckily they gave me flat packed ones so it was easier to carry.

We just got some new stock in so Im going to make up a few dogs ones, and will go shopping for stuff for the soldiers.

8 boxes WOW :( ;) - amazing job, well done, excellent, good on ya!!!!

The soldier who was over there with a Koolie contacted me yesterday to say they are home safe - I had told him about this group and he asked me to thank everyone and let you all know that it is very very much appreciated.

wonderful to hear he is home safe, great to hear that our efforts are apprecited,

thanks for posting this as it will show how much the troops love the care packages and the efforts of people back here in australia