Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest english.ivy

Hmm I think 20kg might be a bit big for just one small cat.

Does it keep well?

I would make sure you try a free sample bag, which is normally a kilo, first, as it gave my cat major runs. I had to stop giving it to her as she wouldn't firm up.

We've now found a dry she does really well on.

I've started Lucy on Black Hawk for about a week now. Still too early to see results so fingers crossed!

Even though she's nearly 2.5 now, I've put her on the Puppy version purely for the fat content. She's a Great Dane - should I be concerned about this? She was on Uncle Albers previously so can't be sure she was getting what she needed nutrition-wise from that anyway but she's just so skinny I'm prepared to try anything :(

Hmm I think 20kg might be a bit big for just one small cat.

Does it keep well?

My mum gets it for her cat, he is a small tabby, she stores it in a big plastic tub and fills a littler container out of the big tub when she needs to. She hasnt had a problem with it and her kitty loves it and can only eat dry as any wet food he eats gives him the runs.

I've started Lucy on Black Hawk for about a week now. Still too early to see results so fingers crossed!

Even though she's nearly 2.5 now, I've put her on the Puppy version purely for the fat content. She's a Great Dane - should I be concerned about this? She was on Uncle Albers previously so can't be sure she was getting what she needed nutrition-wise from that anyway but she's just so skinny I'm prepared to try anything :(

See how she goes but you might find the adult variety has enough fat content and other stuff to make her put on weight. I know all dogs are different but mine have done so well on the regular stuff that I have swapped them to the light, and they dont get much at all. Im not sure of the differece between the fat content in the puppy and the adult, Im sure it has been posted here in previous posts?

Hi all!

Just a quick query, what prices are everyone paying for a 20kg bag of adult?

We have just finished our first bag and went back into the store for another and found that the price had risen by $3 in the last month (from $87 to $90). They said that their price has risen too and that they were finding it hard to keep up with demand. I know it's not a big change, and prices do change, but with two GSP's with healthy appetites it does add up...

Interestingly, the store owner also commented that he had heard that the brand was going to change the size of their food bags along with some other changes, but he wouldn't elaborate any further. My two have been doing really well on Black Hawk, so I hope the food itself stays the same and it stays competitively priced.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Guest english.ivy

Hi all!

I pay $90 [plus $6 delivery] for 20kg. Hope the price doesn't go up anymore.

Our dogs have now been on Black Hawk for almost a year. We are really pleased with the condition of their coats, stools etc etc.

Regarding price I think it comes down sometimes to where you are located? We pay $80/20kg bag, but order 4-5 bags at a time as we have 8 dogs and our nearest supplier is a 2.5 hour drive from us.

Edited by Hesapandabear

It's made in Victoria, so the further away from Melbourne you get, the price changes, as the distributors have to cover the cost of their freight, which is not cheap. The freight prices keep going up with the rising price of fuel, but we try to absorb it as much as possible. :(

Hi GSPDean

I am not sure which store said there had been a price increase ( would like to know if you can email me) There has been absolutely NO price increase from us at all, In fact the price has remained the same for the last 3 years.

There is NO change either to the size of the bags all three formula's come in a 20kg bag & 3kg bag, In the new year we hope to launch our branded bags and again there will be no price increase from our end, we can recommend a retail price but we cannot inforce it, Interstate do have the extra cost of freight and all only charge at cost, (so they only add what the freight price is to them)

The only change we have made is to the Feline formula we have added Emu Oil dried cranberries, Dried Blueberries and Parsley,

Our Motto is and will always be Health & wellbeing of pets and Quality and Afordability. We will add to our range as we grow like our new range of natural shampoo's, you can also see the design of our branded bags on our website www.blackhawkpetcare.com

As i have mentioned before i am not on the formus often so its best to email me or call all details are on the website

Regards

Sherel

Hi all!

We have just finished our first bag and went back into the store for another and found that the price had risen by $3 in the last month (from $87 to $90). They said that their price has risen too and that they were finding it hard to keep up with demand. I know it's not a big change, and prices do change, but with two GSP's with healthy appetites it does add up...

Interestingly, the store owner also commented that he had heard that the brand was going to change the size of their food bags along with some other changes, but he wouldn't elaborate any further. My two have been doing really well on Black Hawk, so I hope the food itself stays the same and it stays competitively priced.

Thanks for clarifying that Sherel :)

And yes the freight is what gets the price up. Mine sells for $100 a bag as it costs me extra freight from Perth to Esperance. But it is still cheaper and better quality that anything else that is available down here, and cheaper and as good if not better quality than many of the premium dry foods on the market.

Hi GSPDean

I am not sure which store said there had been a price increase ( would like to know if you can email me) There has been absolutely NO price increase from us at all, In fact the price has remained the same for the last 3 years.

There is NO change either to the size of the bags all three formula's come in a 20kg bag & 3kg bag, In the new year we hope to launch our branded bags and again there will be no price increase from our end, we can recommend a retail price but we cannot inforce it, Interstate do have the extra cost of freight and all only charge at cost, (so they only add what the freight price is to them)

The only change we have made is to the Feline formula we have added Emu Oil dried cranberries, Dried Blueberries and Parsley,

Our Motto is and will always be Health & wellbeing of pets and Quality and Afordability. We will add to our range as we grow like our new range of natural shampoo's, you can also see the design of our branded bags on our website www.blackhawkpetcare.com

As i have mentioned before i am not on the formus often so its best to email me or call all details are on the website

Regards

Sherel

Hi all!

Hi Sherel (and everyone). Thanks for your speedy response. I had a sneaking suspicion this guy selling the food was just spinning a yarn to earn an extra buck or two. I completely understand that the retailers set their own price. It's just a shame that some see the opportunity to add a bit on in an almost ad hoc fashion. Anyways, I'll email you Sherel.

Guest english.ivy

Thanks for clarifying that Sherel :)

And yes the freight is what gets the price up. Mine sells for $100 a bag as it costs me extra freight from Perth to Esperance. But it is still cheaper and better quality that anything else that is available down here, and cheaper and as good if not better quality than many of the premium dry foods on the market.

I unfortantly ran out of BH over the recent long weekend, stupid planning by me! So I had to go buy a small 3kg bag of something else to tie the dogs over till our BH arrived, they were unaffected [even their tummies were unaffected, which is new for them] but my pocket wasn't. I think BH has given them strong tummies.

They both went back to eating the BH with gusto :)

note to self: make sure you order BH BEFORE christmas!! Gosh I should make sure of the final date I can order it incase Wendy is going away. Everyone should do this. Might pay to order two bags next time.