Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

Hi Baileys Mum

We resent your sample what was the return address ?? on the sample you recieved ?

There is a list of retail & suppliers on our new website, hopefully that will help you

the new website is www.blackhawkpetcare.com its still being worked on but lots of info there along with our new natural shampoo's treatments and accesories

Regards

Sherel

I finally received a sample of BH yesterday thanks to Ososwift :thanks:

Gave some to the dogs, & they all went crazy for it, haven't seen them so enthusiastic for dry food, especially my young bitch who is usually very fussy with dry food.

so looks like I will be joining the BH family too. :D

Now I'll just have to figure out away to get hold of a 20kg bag, will have to contact my nearest distributors, to organise buying a bag of it.

Hi Sherel,

the sample I received was from Dol member Ososwift from WA,...unfortunately I never got either of the samples you sent me.

Hopefully there's no funny business going on with Aus post.

I will have a look at your new website. :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the new website is www.blackhawkpetcare.com its still being worked on but lots of info there along with our new natural shampoo's treatments and accesories

Regards

Sherel

I got some samples of the "Yu" range of shampoos that you have on your website at the Royal,they are just lovely, the dogs smell amazing :thumbsup:

Hi Baileys Mum

i think there must be something going on with Aust Post. i have had a few go missing over the time but the second ones have got there. But i have sent you three, so makes you wonder. i hope i had the correct mailling address ? i wont put it here, but email me if you want me to tell you, funny that the other one arrived so making me wonder what Tha ?? anyway glad you have a sample now

Regards

Sherel

Hi Baileys Mum

We resent your sample what was the return address ?? on the sample you recieved ?

There is a list of retail & suppliers on our new website, hopefully that will help you

Regards

Sherel

Gave some to the dogs, & they all went crazy for it, haven't seen them so enthusiastic for dry food, especially my young bitch who is usually very fussy with dry food.

Now I'll just have to figure out away to get hold of a 20kg bag, will have to contact my nearest distributors, to organise buying a bag of it.

Hi Sherel,

the sample I received was from Dol member Ososwift from WA,...unfortunately I never got either of the samples you sent me.

Hi Emilee

Yes the shampoo's are awesome, the smells are amazing, and the shampoo's do what they were designed for the feedback on them has been wonderful

regards

Sherel

Regards

Sherel

I got some samples of the "Yu" range of shampoos that you have on your website at the Royal,they are just lovely, the dogs smell amazing :thumbsup:

Hi Baileys Mum

i think there must be something going on with Aust Post. i have had a few go missing over the time but the second ones have got there. But i have sent you three, so makes you wonder. i hope i had the correct mailling address ? i wont put it here, but email me if you want me to tell you, funny that the other one arrived so making me wonder what Tha ?? anyway glad you have a sample now

Regards

Sherel

Hi Baileys Mum

Regards

Sherel

Hi Sherel,

Hi Sherel....I have Pm'd you. :)

After Royal Canin changed the ingredients in their Skin Support I have been feeding my guys Canidae: Grain Free Pure Sea.

I did look at BH, but after asking our derm people to have a look at the ingredients they said

We've had a look at the link you sent us but it's difficult to nutritionally compare this food to the previous skin support as they haven't listed the specific quantities of Omega oils per amount of food (specifically the EPA and DHA which we're most interested in for the skin).

Also their emu oil benefits listed are quite broad and don't specify if this is topical use of the oil or ingested, and we'd need to see specific studies backing up these claims to confirm if it's significantly beneficial for dogs with skin barrier or allergy problems.

If the breeder or manufacturer has this information then we'd be happy to investigate it.

Is there any chance someone may know the answers????

Guest english.ivy

Raffikki I am also feeding the Canidae, I would give Black Hawk a go but it has rice in which is no good for us sadly :(

Have you tried feeing Mason Black Hawk? I found my two to be sensitve to other dry foods that have grains but they are both great on BH.

Maybe worth getting a sample bag and seeing how he goes.

I won't be offended if you don't want to :)

Hi all, we will be at KCC Park this weekend - Saturday 22nd Oct from approx 3pm and Sunday 23rd Oct from approx 9am, if anyone wishes to collect their Black Hawk food from us.

We will have limited space on board so prefer to bring along orders only. We will not be set up as a vendor.

Please pm me with your order and which day is best for you, we can exchange mobile numbers and hook up there.

Cheers, Meg

:)

Edited by dyzney

Hve just been in contact with Sherel (Black Hawk) & there is NO ADDED Salt in Black Hawk. Also she said to tell anyone that has been trying to contact her for the last week or so, that she has been at the Melbourne Show for the past 10 days & has been without her laptop computer.

How about sodium

There must be some form of salt in pet food

Copied & Pasted, excuse the quality

Crude Protein……… 25.00% (min) Crude Fat………… 14.00% (min) Crude Fibre………… 4.50% (max)

Crude Ash ……. 11.0% (max) Phosphorus(P)………… 0.80% (max) Calcium (Ca)……….. 1.45% (min)

Moisture……… 10.00% (max

Ingredients Statement

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols

source of Vit E,Citric Acid & Rosemary extract),

Brewers Dried Yeast, Flaxseed meal, Fish Meal. Canola Oil, Emu Oil, Dried Carrots

Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Chicory, Yucca Shidgera Extract, Glucosamine

Chondroitin Sulphate

Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tomato Meal,Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelated, Iron Sulphate,

Vitamin A-Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement. Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement

Copper Sulphate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin,

Calcium Pantothenate,

Folic acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, D-Biotin, Calcium Iodate

Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carboinate.

Sodium Selenite = salt

It's not the salt you put on your tomatoes, it's commonly known as selenium and it's a trace mineral found in a lot of foods.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/selenium

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so I am sorry if I have doubled up on something.

We got some BH yesterday and asked the salesman at the petshop to ring up about the salt. He initially said there is no added salt but we pointed out that salt was in the ingredient list in the puppy food. So he called up again and said that the salt content in the puppy food was 0.2% and would be less than that in the adult food.

Something else - the puppy food has sorghum in it. Several of the other people working in my lab are trying to develop a non-cyanogenic version of sorghum (they are very close...). The kibble looks well processed so I think it is extremely likely that all cyanide was released during the grinding, mixing, baking, etc process but just in case I will test a small amount when I get a spare moment and let you know if I get a positive.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have now had my dogs on BH for a little over 2 weeks & so far it seems to be going great.

My dogs absolutely love the taste, & get so excited when I dish it out to them, I'm so happy they have had no gas ( A real problem for us when feeding Advance ) & their poos are firm & alot smaller. :thumbsup:

Even my old girl with the yeasty ears has so far been ok on it ( i was initially worried about the brewers yeast in it ) but she so far seems to be coping & she absolutely loves it.

I have found that they all have a big drink of water just after eating, but their not drinking excess water all day or anything, so I'm not too concerned.

So it's still early days, but it looks as if we could be staying with this food, & I'm absolutely rapt I have a stockist that's a 10 minute drive up the road from me. :thumbsup:

For anyone who lives in the Melton, Bacchus Marsh, Pentland Hills, Ballan, Gordon, Ballarat areas.....Cross Roads trading (rural supply store ) in Ballan have 20 kg bags of it for $85.00. :)

How much does the cat food sell for?

Speaking from our own experience, the cat food by the 20 kilo bag is usually only a few dollars dearer than the dog food, but the distributors usually bag it down, as not too many people want a 20 kilo bag for their cat. From us, the bagged down cat food is the same price as the bagged down dog or puppy, but by the 20 kilo bag it is $5.00 dearer than the dog & the same price as the puppy. :)

$80 for 20 kg of cat food, directly from the supplier.

Baileys Mum, I would think most of the area you mentioned would get free delivery. My friend who gets her own, mine and two other friends gets it delivered by Sherel for free. (she lives in Bacchus Marsh) Fantastic service. :laugh: I'm in the western district so it would be truly around $20 extra to get a bag to me, so I'm very lucky to be able to get it through my friend who lives in Bacchus Marsh.