Where To Buy A Dumbell?

Ive looked in BP and G and CF but cannot find a small hard pastic dumbell like is used in the obedience comps. All I can find is the ones that squeak and kongs etc. Any ideas please? Its for a JRT so I wouild need the smallest I think:)

Thank you :thumbsup:

Edited by joelle

Have a browse here :thumbsup:

I have a hard wood one from this store - emailed her with the breed of my dog and a rough indication of size and received a dumbell which is a perfect fit.

Used to use a plastic one but noticed Darcy mouthed it a lot while retreiving. She stopped when I started using the hard wood one.

Have a browse here :provoke:

I have a hard wood one from this store - emailed her with the breed of my dog and a rough indication of size and received a dumbell which is a perfect fit.

Used to use a plastic one but noticed Darcy mouthed it a lot while retreiving. She stopped when I started using the hard wood one.

:thumbsup: Yep - got dumbells from here too - nice ones - bit is a bit larger, so doesn't roll round like the plastic ones.

I think we have a little one at the club but can't get to check till next Monday, if you can wait.... The shop is open during the week at CAWA, they are almost cost price for stuff. Call the office at the ground and they will give you opening times. I bought some blades a while ago from there and he opened at 12 on the Friday....

Not such a silly question! I accidentally left mine at home on my recent holidays so had to find a small one for Clancy as we were doing some OT's whilst down South, visited several pet shops of the large chain variety and the sales people did not even know what a dumbell was, in fact at one store they didn't know what an OT was either....... :D

Solved my problem by popping down to an obediance club and buying one at their sales desk - Thanks Werribee!

Annie

Thanks everyone, I emailed the club today to ask if they have one for our size. I though I was seeing things (or NOT) when I couldnt find one in BPG or CF! We have one shaped like a bone made of tennis ball material; but i'll wait for the real thing then we dont confuse the poor dog!

Thanks everyone, most helpful :laugh:

Ive looked in BP and G and CF but cannot find a small hard pastic dumbell like is used in the obedience comps. All I can find is the ones that squeak and kongs etc. Any ideas please? Its for a JRT so I wouild need the smallest I think:)

Thank you :(

Pssst...dont tell Jake you are getting the smallest one for him lol, if he is anything like Tess he probably firmly believes he is a BIG dog lol