Urinating Dog

steden

HELP we have a fantastic entire male Boston Terrier aged 4 who thinks it's a good idea to urinate on the pots under our covered pergola just outside our back door, we have tried commercial sprays to no avail, placed bowls of water everywhere but they end up getting weed on, anyone out there with any ideas, he knows he is not supposed to do it BUT I forgot AGAIN I see him say

Hi-

he knows he is not supposed to do it

Not really :D

he is male- he is marking his territory.Is it possible a cat may be also peeing in/on the pots...this will make your dog try even harder!

Do you have posts/poles in the yard that he can use?

perhaps do some re training with him... take him out - on or off lead.. to where you would prefer him to pee... use a command.... and if/when he does, the praise him and give him treats etc...repeat repeat repeat...

We had a working dog, which we got at the age of about four....We used a Turbo water pistol every time we caught him near the house and treats every time we saw him away from the house. he caught on pretty smartly. Mind you it would not work on a dog, who thought this would be fun :rofl:

Back to square 1 with the toilet training! :eek:

I don't care how old he is or whether he's entire - he is smart enough to learn *not* to pee where he's not supposed to..... :eek:

Just some extra training practice for the humans :scared:

We were told that he might change his ways if he was desexed, plenty of peeing posts away from the pergola, and yes the humans need retraining ha ha

My male dog was entire for about 6 years and never peed on anything close to the house - he wees on command and generally squats in the yard though will lift on trees on the boundary fence sometimes. Your boy needs retraining to wee on command - as someone else suggested - back to basics - you need to take control and train him where to wee instead of letting him choose.

The joys of entire males. :)

If I don't want it peed on I either move it or fence it.

It's not just entire males :rofl:

I have put all my pots up on benches and stools so the dogs don't pee in them.

I have also put one of those pee posts in, and as far as I'm aware, it's never been used .... I see the dogs walk right past it :thumbsup:

Well I had a patient (a dog!) cock his leg and pee on the back of my legs while I was closing a door this morning. I was unimpressed, lol.

Even more hilarious (especially for the General Public) to see a judge peed on at the Royal! :D

Edited by t-time

Well I had a patient (a dog!) cock his leg and pee on the back of my legs while I was closing a door this morning. I was unimpressed, lol.

Even more hilarious (especially for the General Public) to see a judge peed on at the Royal! :D

Did it win ? Or was the judge peed off. :)