First Pic From My Canon 450d

Mason_Gibbs

Lovely head-shot, very nice. Tiny tip: pocket a couple of tissues to wipe their eyes before shooting, saves time removing eye-goop (and dust/crumbs) in Photoshop.

Yes after I saw the pic on the PC i was very disappointed that I had not wiped his eyes as I dont actually even have photoshop yet, as soon as I get a copy I will have to remove it.

Lovely head-shot, very nice. Tiny tip: pocket a couple of tissues to wipe their eyes before shooting, saves time removing eye-goop (and dust/crumbs) in Photoshop.

Yes after I saw the pic on the PC i was very disappointed that I had not wiped his eyes as I dont actually even have photoshop yet, as soon as I get a copy I will have to remove it.

guess what, you dont need photoshop to remove it. If you bought your camera new you should have got a CD with it. It will have Zoom Browser and Digital Photo Professionsl (DPP) on it. You can remove those little marks with DPP :D

I took about 100 photo's yesterday at the park but I can honestly say that I do not like a single one of them - I am very disappointed.

Welcome to the real world of photography :scared:

You'll have times like that - it's OK and normal.

If you're up for it, have a look through and determine WHAT it is that you don't like and then concentrate on fixing that the next time you pick up your camera.

If you're up for it, but can't quite determine what the problem is, post some and I'm sure you'll get a lot of help!

If you're not up for it, just shrug it off and have some more fun with your camera next time!

I took about 100 photo's yesterday at the park but I can honestly say that I do not like a single one of them - I am very disappointed.

Welcome to the real world of photography :scared:

You'll have times like that - it's OK and normal.

If you're up for it, have a look through and determine WHAT it is that you don't like and then concentrate on fixing that the next time you pick up your camera.

If you're up for it, but can't quite determine what the problem is, post some and I'm sure you'll get a lot of help!

If you're not up for it, just shrug it off and have some more fun with your camera next time!

I think the light where we were was totally wrong and the shadows just made the pics look awful. Plus the pics I tired to take of the dogs when they were playing did not come out clear because it was the wrong distance for my lens. I will post some pics up today when I get some time to upload them to Photobucket. I just did not like them at all!!

It can be difficult taking photos of black dogs... even more difficult if you have one black and one blonde like I have - you gotta get the lighting just right AND the dogs exactly where you want them... lol!

If you can afford one, I'd highly recommend the Canon 55-250mm IS lens - I paid around $300 for mine, and I love it!

Oh - and I love Sports mode on the 450D - hold the button and it snaps away merrily... hehe! Gotta get at least one good shot that way... lol!

Get yourself a nice big memory card too... mine is a 16Gb - holds around 2500 photos.

I also have a second battery (always have a spare charged battery) - saves tears when the battery carks it and you have the dogs out doing lots of fun things...

T.

The first thing I would say is try to get down to their level, crouching down for that first shot would have made a world of difference. And think about what is going on behind them when you take the picture, your eye kinda gets drawn to the people behind in the first shot :) The second one is tricky for exposure due to one half being dark and one half light, how to get round that I'll leave to the experts as I'm still learning :D

I took loads of Louis the other day and thought some of these will be really nice, not particularly happy with any of them, so you're not alone :)

Edited by CrazyCresties