Arthritic Solution?

tracca33

Hi there-My 12year old American bulldog has been experiencing allot of joint pain as of late, especially when out and about being active..

Friends of mine have suggested a Liquid joint care Glucosamine and Chondroitin product that go's by the name Flexicose Plus

http://www.liquamax.com.au .. that worked wonders for their aging dog.

The product seems to be relatively new on the market here in OZ sold here for a few years, though quite popular in the State's in terms of joint care offered in liquid form as apposed to powder.

I was gearing up to try it out on my Dog, though was wondering if anyone has tried it with any success out there?

Cheers

tracca33

Thanks people's for the feedback- all great info/advice to have on board..I checked in with my Vet and he gave me the green light for the Flexicose Plus -will let you all know how it pan's out?

I think the many other key active ingredients, tipped me over in terms of justifying the price factor which is essentially bench mark when compared to some of the other products on the market. Also will last for 3 moths in regards to my Dog's weight ratio, so not that much of an out lay when i factor that in also..

Edited by tracca33

Supplements worth a try.

Wouldn't the human tablets be much cheaper?

I.e about 1/4 human dose for 15 kg dog?

Readily available and same active ingredients?

1/4 tablet easy to get down or hide in food.

I started off using the meaty flavored dog Glucosamine tablets and have now switched to human grade tablet G & C,oh uses it daily so it was in the pantry. I crush the tablet and mix it in milk for my 13yo. When I went to purchase liquid fish oil it was flavored with lemon? The crushed tablet seems to be working very well, better than catrophen injections which wore off after a few months and much cheaper.

My dogs get a can of sardines a week to help with the omega-3 oils (preventative of arthritis). I also have a habit of feeding them with foods that have a high nutrient content of Glucosamine and Chondroitin. At the moment my older dog is on the NUTRO for older dogs mixed with ProPlan senior. She is doing great on it.

QUOTE (Poodle wrangler @ 24th Oct 2010 - 03:41 PM)

Supplements worth a try.

Might be worth while Poodle wrangler- though i don't think their is a human tablet on the market that has all of the flexicose Plus ingredients in it

ie:

Glucosamine Hydrochloride

Glucosamine Sulfate

Chondroitin Sulfate

MSM

Manganese

Cupric Sulfate

Ascorbic Acid

Bromelains

Boswellia serrata

Rose Hip

looks pretty impressive to me...I spose i'll know when i try it out?

QUOTE (Poodle wrangler @ 24th Oct 2010 - 03:41 PM)
Supplements worth a try.

Might be worth while Poodle wrangler- though i don't think their is a human tablet on the market that has all of the flexicose Plus ingredients in it

ie:

Glucosamine Hydrochloride

Glucosamine Sulfate

Chondroitin Sulfate

MSM

Manganese

Cupric Sulfate

Ascorbic Acid

Bromelains

Boswellia serrata

Rose Hip

looks pretty impressive to me...I spose i'll know when i try it out?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just wanted to post my delight in the product i have been using-Flexicose Plus for my arthritic dog..It's been 3 weeks and i have seen a tremendous result in agility and overall well being, so a BIG thumbs up in terms of out come...Would definitely recommend to anyone that had arthritis problems in their Pet....Yaaaaayyyy very happy camper indeed :rolleyes: !!!!!

My rotti started showing symptoms when he was 7 (3 years ago). I tried lots of different supplements, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, phsyio, swim centres etc - nothing worked. My boy's joints are too bad to operate, severe arthritis and elbow displaysia.....finally I tried an animal chiro. Brilliant. Symptoms disappeared after a few treatments, I eased him off medication (tramal, gabapentin/neurontin & metacam) and he hasnt been on anything since that time. He turned 10 last week. My vet has since referred people to the same animal chiro. Highly recommend you making sure all pinched nerves are released. I found that whilst my boy DOES have the joint issues and arthritis (because xrays prove that) xrays dont show nerves and this is what was causing his symptoms, not the other issues. Hope you are as lucky as I have been - lots of info on www.######.com if you want to research, good client testimonials to read to compare too. Best of luck!