Travelling In The Car

spitzbaby

Hi dolers,

I am looking for something to use for when I'm bringing kairu in the car with me...

Does anyone use the dog car seatbelt? I usually don't have enough hands to take kairu and his crate at one go to the carpark...

I'm deciding whether I should get a foldable crate or the seatbelt, not sure how the seatbelt works..

Or is there any other option to go with?

Please give some suggestions

You can get attachments that clip onto your dogs harness and then plug into the spot you normally plus a seatbelt. Basically a lead with a seatbelt on the end.

You can also get harnesses designed for the car that a lot of people have. The normal car seatbelt goes through the back of the harness and buckles in place. If you look around there are ones that have been crash tested :laugh:

:) No I haven't submitted, :laugh: Typical my voice has gone all weird. Needs to get it in by tomorrow :bolt:

Esky has the seatbelt clip thing (the first one I mentioned) I'd say it's not a good idea for your little fella. It's on the smallest setting but she can still move around a bit.

I'm having trouble finding a car harness for her though. I tried a large size on her, but it was too small. Given the choice though I would go with harness, or having a collapsible 'spare' crate that you just leave in the car

I have harnesses with short leads that clip into the seat belt buckles. Very convenient. My profile photo is of my dogs in the car with their harnesses. They don't chew or get tangled in the leads.

Edited by Odin-Genie

Wer tried seat belts that attached to our guys collars BUT they weren't very good as

the dogs could hang themselves literally. Even though we made them as short as possible they could still

touch the floor with their feet.

we had the dogs on fixed collars.

we now have them travel in pairs in collapsable wire crates on the back seat, in summer we cover them with a sheet

to block most of the sun.

BB

Wer tried seat belts that attached to our guys collars BUT they weren't very good as

the dogs could hang themselves literally. Even though we made them as short as possible they could still

touch the floor with their feet.

we had the dogs on fixed collars.

we now have them travel in pairs in collapsable wire crates on the back seat, in summer we cover them with a sheet

to block most of the sun.

BB

If you are going to use the seat belt buckle, it's best to use a harness that fits around the body instead of a collar.

Hi dolers,

I am looking for something to use for when I'm bringing kairu in the car with me...

Does anyone use the dog car seatbelt? I usually don't have enough hands to take kairu and his crate at one go to the carpark...

I'm deciding whether I should get a foldable crate or the seatbelt, not sure how the seatbelt works..

Or is there any other option to go with?

Please give some suggestions

Buy a crate for the car and leave it in there.

I use the seat belt that attaches to the dogs collars but have invested in a collaspable crate for Milo as he just sooks and whinges on a long trip. The seat belt ones I bought were only $2 at the reject shop but are fine. And Misha and Flash are great passengers anyway. Just Milo that goes a little loonie and doesn't like the seat belt harness thingo if josh is in the car as he wants his "Daddy" to hold him and to be cuddled. :laugh:

:) No I haven't submitted, :thumbsup: Typical my voice has gone all weird. Needs to get it in by tomorrow :mad

Esky has the seatbelt clip thing (the first one I mentioned) I'd say it's not a good idea for your little fella. It's on the smallest setting but she can still move around a bit.

I'm having trouble finding a car harness for her though. I tried a large size on her, but it was too small. Given the choice though I would go with harness, or having a collapsible 'spare' crate that you just leave in the car

Today!! It's TODAY!!! HAVE YOU SUBMITTED?!! haha..

I have a booster chairs for my 2 :)

similiar to this

Hi CWEW,

Does the booster fit Emmy full grown you think?

Buy a crate for the car and leave it in there.

I have been considering this option... :)

Edited by spitzbaby